Review: could Stelara cause Cancer - colon (Colon cancer)?
Summary: Cancer - colon is found among people who take Stelara, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Folic acid, and have Psoriasis.
We study 3,764 people who have side effects while taking Stelara from FDA and social media. Among them, 18 have Cancer - colon. Find out below who they are, when they have Cancer - colon and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Stelara and have Cancer - colon >>>
Stelara has active ingredients of ustekinumab. It is often used in psoriasis. (latest outcomes from Stelara 3,780 users)
Cancer - colon
Cancer - colon has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, colon cancer, high blood pressure, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Cancer - colon 19,081 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 3,764 people reported to have side effects when taking Stelara. Among them, 18 people (0.48%) have Cancer - Colon.
Time on Stelara when people have Cancer - colon * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cancer - colon||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||22.22%||11.11%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Cancer - colon when taking Stelara * :
|Cancer - colon||15.79%||84.21% |
Age of people who have Cancer - colon when taking Stelara * :
|Cancer - colon||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||63.64%||36.36% |
Severity of Cancer - colon when taking Stelara ** :
How people recovered from Cancer - colon ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Psoriasis (16 people, 88.89%)
- Dyslipidaemia (2 people, 11.11%)
- Myocardial ischaemia (2 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (2 people, 11.11%)
- Bisoprolol fumarate (2 people, 11.11%)
- Simvastatin (2 people, 11.11%)
- Memantine hcl (2 people, 11.11%)
- Donepezil hcl (2 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cancer - Colon while taking Stelara?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Stelara and have Cancer - Colon
- support group for people who take Stelara
- support group for people who have Cancer - Colon
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I am currently taking stelara. have had several cbc blood work done. can i have syphilis and still be able to take this drug
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Stelara, Wellbutrin Xl, Hyzaar, Toprol-xl, Humira, Soriatane, Methotrexate)
I don't think I have any symptoms for syphilis, but just found out my partner has it and curious if all the testing with blood I've had to do before taking stelara and other drugs could it be possible that i have it...recently had a CBC (within the past week) and all tests were good...didn't find an ...
- Is there anyone who has information or experience with refractory multiple myeloma and the development of a second primary cancer in the colon (colon cancer)
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Multiple Myleoma (Refractory), Colon Cancer, and takes Revlimid, Cytoxan, Melphalan Hydrochloride, Dextrose 5% In Plastic Container, Zometa, Thalomid)
Diagnosed May 2009 with Stage IV, IGg Kappa Multiple Myeloma. Presented with pneumonia, 2 rib fractures, anemia, elevated serum m-protein, over 100 bone lesions, 78% plasma cells in bone marrow. No organ involvement. Chromosomal mutations, deletions, and transposition. Evaluated as low risk. 52 X- ...
- Is it safe to take beta glucan 1,3/1,6 with coumadin
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Colon Cancer, Blood Clot, and takes Coumadin)
was taking chemo and developed blood clot in port and superior vena cava - port was removed, chemo was stopped, and he is now taking Coumadin. Would like to continue supplements, such as the beta glucan, but wanted to check for interactions with the coumadin
More questions for: Stelara, Cancer - colon
More reviews for: Stelara, Cancer - colon
- A study of side effects of Stelara for a patient with Psoriasis. The patient has Increased Steroid Activity
Comments: I am on Glipizide ER 10mg for type 2 diabeties, which I take in the mornings. I also take 30 units of Lantus Solo Star insulin in the evening, which keeps my blood sugar in normal levels. Since beginning Stelara about 3 1/2 weeks ago my blood sugar levels have been 248 - 311. I am due for another ...
- A study of side effects of Stelara for a patient with Serum Phosphorus. The patient has Periodontal Congenital Anomaly (defect that is present at birth of gum and bone and around the teeth)
Comments: I have had 3 periods sense my last shot one month ago, and this last period has lasted me 8 days so far and still counting. Im having bad pains in my lower stomach also. I went to the doctors and they couldn't find anything wrong with me.
- A study of drug interactions between Arava, Methotrexate, Remicade, Humira, Enbrel, Stelara for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis, Psoriasis. The patient has Ms
Comments: Stopped stelara for 5 months. Started arava had severe psoriasis outbreak.
Restarted Stelara. I've had two episodes of ms symptoms. Had tremors for 2 months. A year later both legs numb and tingling for 3 months and stopped.
- A study of side effects of Stelara for a patient with Psoriasis. The patient has Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent (long lasting or recurrent urinary tract infection), Hematuria (presence of blood in urine)
Comments: Reoccurring UTI. Do the symptoms get worse the more you have them? Prior to the Stelara I was taking Humira. It worked well and put me in remission for about 1 yr. Then stopped working. Moved on to Stelara about 6 mos ago. Have had at leat 3-4 UTI's since starting the medication. This time symptoms ...
- A study of side effects of Stelara for a patient with Plaque Psoriasis. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection, Hematuria (presence of blood in urine)
Comments: I've had several UTI's since I've been on Stelara, does the infection tend to get worse the more you get them? and can the Stelara cause the hematuia? The onset of the symptoms were intermitent for about a week, woke up in the middle of the night to use the restroom with an alarming amount of hematu ...
More related studies for: Stelara, Cancer - colon
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.