Review: could Strattera cause Akathisia?
Summary: Akathisia is found among people who take Strattera, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lexapro, and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
We study 18,433 people who have side effects while taking Strattera from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have Akathisia. Find out below who they are, when they have Akathisia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Strattera and have Akathisia >>>
Strattera has active ingredients of atomoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 19,164 Strattera users)
Akathisia (a movement disorder characterized by a feeling of inner restlessness) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, gastric disorder. (latest reports from 5,778 Akathisia patients)
On Apr, 18, 2015: 18,433 people reported to have side effects when taking Strattera. Among them, 22 people (0.12%) have Akathisia.
Time on Strattera when people have Akathisia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Akathisia when taking Strattera * :
Age of people who have Akathisia when taking Strattera * :
Severity of Akathisia when taking Strattera ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Akathisia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (7 people, 31.82%)
- Depression (3 people, 13.64%)
- Sleep disorder (2 people, 9.09%)
- Endometriosis (2 people, 9.09%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lexapro (9 people, 40.91%)
- Zyprexa (7 people, 31.82%)
- Cialis (5 people, 22.73%)
- Zoloft (5 people, 22.73%)
- Levitra (4 people, 18.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of strattera and akathisia on
Do you have Akathisia while taking Strattera?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Strattera and have Akathisia
- support group for people who take Strattera
- support group for people who have Akathisia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Strattera for a 55-year old woman with ADHD. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Antabuse, Clonidine, Strattera, Cymbalta, Abilify, Depakote for a 46-year old woman with Addiction, Hypertension, Add, Depression, Bipolar 1. The patient has Sleepiness - During The Day
- A study of drug interactions between Lantus, Novolog, Strattera for a 7-year old boy with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
- A study of side effects of Strattera for a 53-year old woman with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
- A study of drug interactions between Propranolol Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Lithium Carbonate, Spironolactone, Metformin, Glycopyrrolate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Phenelzine Sulfate for a 45-year old woman with Migraine Without Aura, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Major Depression, High Blood Pressure, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Sweating, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Akathisia, Tinnitus Aggravated, Hypertonia
Recent Strattera related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atomoxetine Hydrochloride, Seroquel for a 34-year old man who has ADHD
- Comparions of Concerta, Intuniv, Strattera, Vyvanse, Adderall for a 19-year old boy who has Inattentive
- Comparions of Strattera, Vyvanse, Concerta for a 15-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Atomoxetine Hydrochloride, Concerta for a 25-year old man who has ADHD
- Comparions of Vyvanse, Atomoxetine Hydrochloride, Daytrana for a 20-year old man who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.