Home > Strattera > Akathisia > Strattera and Akathisia
Review: could Strattera cause Akathisia?
We study 18,416 people who have side effects while taking Strattera from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have Akathisia. Find out below who they are, when they have Akathisia and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Strattera and have Akathisia >>>
Strattera (latest outcomes from 19,143 users) has active ingredients of atomoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Akathisia (a movement disorder characterized by a feeling of inner restlessness) (latest reports from 22,321 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, gastric disorder.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 18,414 people reported to have side effects when taking Strattera. Among them, 22 people (0.12%) have Akathisia.
Time on Strattera when people have Akathisia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Akathisia when taking Strattera * :
Age of people who have Akathisia when taking Strattera * :
Severity of Akathisia when taking Strattera ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Akathisia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (7 people, 31.82%)
- Depression (3 people, 13.64%)
- Sleep disorder (2 people, 9.09%)
- Endometriosis (2 people, 9.09%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lexapro (9 people, 40.91%)
- Zyprexa (7 people, 31.82%)
- Cialis (5 people, 22.73%)
- Zoloft (5 people, 22.73%)
- Levitra (4 people, 18.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Akathisia while taking Strattera?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Strattera and have Akathisia
- support group for people who take Strattera
- support group for people who have Akathisia
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Strattera, Akathisia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Strattera and dupuytren's contracture
Advanced & aggressive dupuytren's contracture. Time on Strattera - over 10 years. Daily dose 1x25. Inquiry into possible link for long-term Strattera use. Age: 57 Gender: F Note: Participated in original Strattera study.
More reviews for: Strattera, Akathisia
On eHealthMe, Strattera (atomoxetine hydrochloride) is often used for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Find out below the conditions Strattera is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Strattera used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Strattera, Akathisia
Recent Strattera related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Strattera, Akathisia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (54 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (56 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (5 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (5 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (5 hours ago)
- Feng Xian Hua
- Viola Odorata