Strattera and Cocaine abuse - from FDA reports
Cocaine abuse is found among people who take Strattera, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Ambien, and have Stress and anxiety. This review analyzes which people have Cocaine abuse with Strattera. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 24,442 people who have side effects when taking Strattera from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
24,442 people reported to have side effects when taking Strattera.
Among them, 21 people (0.09%) have Cocaine abuse
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Strattera when people have Cocaine abuse *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Cocaine abuse when taking Strattera *:
- female: 16.67 %
- male: 83.33 %
Age of people who have Cocaine abuse when taking Strattera *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 56.25 %
- 20-29: 18.75 %
- 30-39: 12.5 %
- 40-49: 6.25 %
- 50-59: 6.25 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (2 people, 9.52%)
- Pain (1 person, 4.76%)
- Neuropathy Peripheral (1 person, 4.76%)
- Mood Swings (1 person, 4.76%)
- Infection (1 person, 4.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ambien (3 people, 14.29%)
- Seroquel (2 people, 9.52%)
- Marijuana (2 people, 9.52%)
- Flexeril (2 people, 9.52%)
- Mirtazapine (1 person, 4.76%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Completed Suicide (4 people, 19.05%)
- Suicidal Ideation (3 people, 14.29%)
- Stress And Anxiety (3 people, 14.29%)
- Abnormal Behavior (3 people, 14.29%)
- Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased (2 people, 9.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Cocaine abuse when taking Strattera?
- Check symptoms - is cocaine abuse caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsCocaine abuse and drugs with ingredients of atomoxetine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCocaine abuse and Strattera from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Strattera has active ingredients of atomoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Strattera 25,788 users)
Cocaine abuse (cocaine dependence) has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, drug abuse, drug dependence, pain, depression (latest reports from 35,501 Cocaine abuse patients).
Browse all side effects of Stratteraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Cocaine abuseCocaine abuse
Could your condition cause Cocaine abuseCocaine abuse
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Is there a specific reason why or how someone would become addicted to cocaine following a diagnosis of fibromyalgia? Especially odd since this abuser recognized a problem with alcohol, joined AA, yet continued with an intense cocaine addiction.
User reviews to the study
Hi everyone! So glad to have found this site! I am a mother of two (three actually but lost a 2 year old daughter due to AVM 3 years ago) and joining the support group with her condition before lead me to come out of my depression after losing her. I am looking forward to meet you all here in ...
My son was on Strattera for a couple of months and developed a rapid heart rate and severe anxiety. The anxiety has gone away, once we stopped, but the rapid heart rate is still a problem several months later. Anybody else have this problem. Did the heart rate return to normal? If so, how long ...
I take 40mg.strattera &150mg.twice a day.I get so nauseous for about 2 hours after I take in morning.Does this ever go away in future? They work for me so well,I would hate to stop taking them.But the nauseous is so bad.