Home > Strattera > Dysphagia > Strattera and Dysphagia
Review: could Strattera cause Dysphagia (Swallowing difficulty)?
Summary: Dysphagia is found among people who take Strattera, especially for people who are male, 2-9 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Clonidine, and have Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
We study 18,416 people who have side effects while taking Strattera from FDA and social media. Among them, 87 have Dysphagia. Find out below who they are, when they have Dysphagia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Strattera and have Dysphagia >>>
Strattera (latest outcomes from 19,145 users) has active ingredients of atomoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful) (latest reports from 36,324 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 18,416 people reported to have side effects when taking Strattera. Among them, 87 people (0.47%) have Dysphagia.
Time on Strattera when people have Dysphagia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Dysphagia when taking Strattera * :
Age of people who have Dysphagia when taking Strattera * :
Severity of Dysphagia when taking Strattera ** :
How people recovered from Dysphagia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (47 people, 54.02%)
- Bipolar disorder (4 people, 4.60%)
- Depression (3 people, 3.45%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 2.30%)
- Endometriosis (2 people, 2.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonidine (10 people, 11.49%)
- Concerta (10 people, 11.49%)
- Albuterol (9 people, 10.34%)
- Xopenex (7 people, 8.05%)
- Singulair (7 people, 8.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dysphagia while taking Strattera?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Strattera and have Dysphagia
- support group for people who take Strattera
- support group for people who have Dysphagia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How do you overcome difficulty swallowing. with avapro
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Impaired Swallowing, Difficulty Swallowing, and takes Avapro, Amlodipine Besylate)
I have been taking AVAPRO for about five years. There is a lot of difficulty swallowing, I just switch amlodipne and have the same problem.
Any ideas what would be an alternative to these 2 drugs or what you can do to relief this.
I have read that taking daily aspirin and vitamin C can cause this. ...
- I started having drooping eyelid since starting abilify. can abilify have this side effect and how to fix it?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Sluggishness, OCD, ADHD, Depression - Major, and takes Abilify, Wellbutrin Xl, Strattera, Provigil, Trazodone Hydrochloride)
More questions for: Strattera, Dysphagia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Strattera and dupuytren's contracture
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Dupuytren's Contracture, and takes Strattera)
Advanced & aggressive dupuytren's contracture. Time on Strattera - over 10 years. Daily dose 1x25. Inquiry into possible link for long-term Strattera use. Age: 57 Gender: F Note: Participated in original Strattera study.
More reviews for: Strattera, Dysphagia
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Clonidine for a patient with Depression, Flushing. The patient has Neck Pain, Swallowing Difficulty
Comments: Swallowing Difficulty- Feels as though muscles may be uncoordinated on one side of the throat, or muscles are too tight and causing pressure on throat. Have had this problem on and off for about 3 years. It is a mild discomfort that can be temporarily relieved by stretch the muscles on the left side ...
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Intuniv, Zoloft, Strattera for a patient with Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Adhd, Anxiety. The patient has Tic, Slow Involuntary Movements Of Large Muscle Groups, Foot Spasms
Comments: Our son is very high IQ and has ADHD. He had been on Adderal xr until recently. The psychiatrist said that that may be causing the tics. He has been off the Adderall for 3 days now and still is having this body spasms...it's very weird looking and he does not realize it's happening.
- A study of side effects of Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Rapid Heart Beat, Swallowing Difficulty, Rapid Deep Breathing (hyperventilation)
Comments: i have never had this problem before. i smoked marijuana on 2 separate occasions where i got very pale, blue lips, cold sweats, belching, bloated stomach, dizziness, vision gone, and could barely hear. it starts with difficulty swallowing and heavy breathing that leads into the panic. the second tim ...
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a patient with Depression. The patient has Swallowing Difficulty
Comments: I had been taking Zoloft for approximately two weeks. Within a week, I started having difficulty swallowing. Felt like something lodge in throat. I have been off the medication for approximately 2 days, and the symptoms have decreased but not fully.
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Fentanyl for a patient with Pain. The patient has Itching, Sweating Increased, Swallowing Difficulty, Stomach Pain
Comments: I have been on transdermal fentanyl for five years. I got up to 100mcg/72 hours. I tried to wean down to get off the fentanyl patches and got down to 25 mcg. but had to increase to 50 mcg. due to pain. I have many allergies and cannot take proton pump inhibitors, Benadryl, or nausea medicines. I ha ...
More related studies for: Strattera, Dysphagia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.