Review: could Strattera cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Strattera, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 18,433 people who have side effects while taking Strattera from FDA and social media. Among them, 21 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Strattera and have High blood sugar >>>
Strattera has active ingredients of atomoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 19,164 Strattera users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 17,128 High blood sugar patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 18,432 people reported to have side effects when taking Strattera. Among them, 21 people (0.11%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Strattera when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Strattera * :
|High blood sugar||59.09%||40.91% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Strattera * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||9.09%||13.64%||0.00%||13.64%||36.36%||18.18%||9.09% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Strattera ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (9 people, 42.86%)
- Anxiety (5 people, 23.81%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (4 people, 19.05%)
- Bipolar disorder (4 people, 19.05%)
- Anxiety disorder (2 people, 9.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (11 people, 52.38%)
- Lipitor (6 people, 28.57%)
- Zyprexa (6 people, 28.57%)
- Klonopin (5 people, 23.81%)
- Topamax (4 people, 19.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Strattera?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Strattera and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Strattera
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of side effects of Tamoxifen Citrate for a 50-year old woman with Cancer - Breast. The patient has High Blood Sugar
- A study of side effects of Butrans for a 56-year old woman with Pain. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level
- A study of drug interactions between Eplerenone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Irbesartan for a 79-year old woman with Hypertensive Heart Disease, Hypertension, Systemic Sclerosis (scleroderma). The patient has Hyperglycemia
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Zoloft for a 25-year old woman with ADD, Depression Suicidal. The patient has Insomnia, Hyperglycaemia, Dry Mouth, Memory Loss
Recent Strattera related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atomoxetine Hydrochloride, Seroquel for a 34-year old man who has ADHD
- Comparions of Concerta, Intuniv, Strattera, Vyvanse, Adderall for a 19-year old boy who has Inattentive
- Comparions of Strattera, Vyvanse, Concerta for a 15-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Atomoxetine Hydrochloride, Concerta for a 25-year old man who has ADHD
- Comparions of Vyvanse, Atomoxetine Hydrochloride, Daytrana for a 20-year old man who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.