Home > Strattera > Serotonin syndrome > Strattera and Serotonin syndrome
Review: could Strattera cause Serotonin syndrome?
Summary: Serotonin syndrome is found among people who take Strattera, especially for people who are male, 2-9 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zoloft, and have Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
We study 18,416 people who have side effects while taking Strattera from FDA and social media. Among them, 23 have Serotonin syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Serotonin syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Strattera and have Serotonin syndrome >>>
Strattera (latest outcomes from 19,145 users) has active ingredients of atomoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Serotonin syndrome (occurs when two drugs that affect the body's level of serotonin are taken together at the same time) (latest reports from 34,547 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, major depression, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 18,414 people reported to have side effects when taking Strattera. Among them, 23 people (0.12%) have Serotonin Syndrome.
Time on Strattera when people have Serotonin syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Serotonin syndrome||57.14%||28.57%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Serotonin syndrome when taking Strattera * :
|Serotonin syndrome||42.86%||57.14% |
Age of people who have Serotonin syndrome when taking Strattera * :
|Serotonin syndrome||0.00%||29.17%||25.00%||4.17%||12.50%||25.00%||4.17%||0.00% |
Severity of Serotonin syndrome when taking Strattera ** :
How people recovered from Serotonin syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (21 people, 91.30%)
- Depression (3 people, 13.04%)
- Oppositional defiant disorder (2 people, 8.70%)
- Bipolar disorder (2 people, 8.70%)
- Migraine (1 people, 4.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zoloft (4 people, 17.39%)
- Lexapro (4 people, 17.39%)
- Prozac (4 people, 17.39%)
- Tenex (2 people, 8.70%)
- Seroquel (2 people, 8.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Serotonin Syndrome while taking Strattera?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Strattera and have Serotonin Syndrome
- support group for people who take Strattera
- support group for people who have Serotonin Syndrome
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Strattera, Serotonin syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Strattera and dupuytren's contracture
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Dupuytren's Contracture, and takes Strattera)
Advanced & aggressive dupuytren's contracture. Time on Strattera - over 10 years. Daily dose 1x25. Inquiry into possible link for long-term Strattera use. Age: 57 Gender: F Note: Participated in original Strattera study.
More reviews for: Strattera, Serotonin syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Intuniv, Zoloft, Strattera for a patient with Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Adhd, Anxiety. The patient has Tic, Slow Involuntary Movements Of Large Muscle Groups, Foot Spasms
Comments: Our son is very high IQ and has ADHD. He had been on Adderal xr until recently. The psychiatrist said that that may be causing the tics. He has been off the Adderall for 3 days now and still is having this body spasms...it's very weird looking and he does not realize it's happening.
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a patient with Chronic Pain. The patient has Serotonin Syndrome (occurs when two drugs that affect the body's level of serotonin are taken together at the same time)
Comments: elevated heart rate and palpitation, using Colona pin to relax and slow heart beat not working
- A study of drug interactions between Focalin Xr, Vyvanse, Strattera, Concerta, Focalin Xr, Adderall Xr 30, Adderall Xr 20 for a patient with Adhd. The patient has Anger, Forgetfulness, Formication
Comments: I am most concerned with the recent feeling 3 months ago of things crawling and biting my skin when nothing is there and it has been getting worst as time has gone on.
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Strattera, Ritalin, Phentermine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zorvolex, Olanzapine, Seroquel Xr, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Lamotrigine, Mirtazapine for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obesity, Insomnia, Arthritis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Bipolar 1, Major Depressive Disorder, Tachycardia, Sleeplessness, Diabetes, Obesity, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Comments: i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Ativan, Vicodin, Naprosyn, Norpramin, Metformin, Robinul, Strattera, Wellbutrin, Flexeril, Lexapro for a patient with Reflux Gastritis, Anxiety, Pain, Arthritis, Depression, Weight Gain, Sweating - Excessive, To Treat Side Effects Of Antidepressants Such As Extreme Fatigue And Inability To Focus, To Treat Weight Gain Side Effects Of Anti Depressants. The patient has Swallowing Painful, Vision Blurred, Anxiety, Oral Pain, Angular Cheilitis, Taste Disturbance, Gum Pain, Tongue Exfoliation, Tongue Irritation, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Sweating - Excessive, Pain - Muscles, Pain - Joints, Depression, Hair Loss
Comments: Naprosyn, Vicodin, Ativan and Prilosec are taken only on an as needed basis. Some of my symptoms are intermittent, and some are chronic. The though the medications may not completely rid me of a symptom (for example, depression or muscle pain), they do improve my condition enough to warrant their co ...
More related studies for: Strattera, Serotonin syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.