Suboxone and Coughing - from FDA reports
Coughing is found among people who take Suboxone, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Subutex, and have Drug dependence. This review analyzes which people have Coughing with Suboxone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 15,487 people who have side effects when taking Suboxone from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 22, 2017
15,487 people reported to have side effects when taking Suboxone.
Among them, 79 people (0.51%) have Coughing
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Suboxone when people have Coughing *:
- < 1 month: 43.75 %
- 1 - 6 months: 37.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.25 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.25 %
- 2 - 5 years: 6.25 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Coughing when taking Suboxone *:
- female: 59.21 %
- male: 40.79 %
Age of people who have Coughing when taking Suboxone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 17.46 %
- 30-39: 30.16 %
- 40-49: 19.05 %
- 50-59: 19.05 %
- 60+: 14.29 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Drug Dependence (27 people, 34.18%)
- High Blood Pressure (6 people, 7.59%)
- Depression (5 people, 6.33%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (3 people, 3.80%)
- Arthritis (3 people, 3.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Subutex (10 people, 12.66%)
- Humira (7 people, 8.86%)
- Symbicort (5 people, 6.33%)
- Cymbalta (5 people, 6.33%)
- Lyrica (4 people, 5.06%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (17 people, 21.52%)
- Nasopharyngitis (16 people, 20.25%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (15 people, 18.99%)
- Nausea (15 people, 18.99%)
- Breathing Difficulty (15 people, 18.99%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Coughing when taking Suboxone?
Suboxone has active ingredients of buprenorphine hydrochloride; naloxone hydrochloride. It is often used in opiate withdrawal. (latest outcomes from Suboxone 17,284 users)
Coughing has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, multiple sclerosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (latest reports from 143,568 Coughing patients).