Home > Suboxone > Depression > Suboxone and Depression
Review: could Suboxone cause Depression?
Summary: Depression is found among people who take Suboxone, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Percocet, and have Drug dependence.
We study 7,229 people who have side effects while taking Suboxone from FDA and social media. Among them, 544 have Depression. Find out below who they are, when they have Depression and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Suboxone and have Depression >>>
Suboxone (latest outcomes from 8,257 users) has active ingredients of buprenorphine hydrochloride; naloxone hydrochloride. It is often used in opiate withdrawal.
Depression (latest reports from 254,062 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, acne.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 7,229 people reported to have side effects when taking Suboxone. Among them, 544 people (7.53%) have Depression.
Time on Suboxone when people have Depression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Suboxone * :
Age of people who have Depression when taking Suboxone * :
Severity of Depression when taking Suboxone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Depression ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Drug dependence (235 people, 43.20%)
- Depression (131 people, 24.08%)
- Anxiety (45 people, 8.27%)
- Pain (43 people, 7.90%)
- Insomnia (35 people, 6.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Percocet (48 people, 8.82%)
- Subutex (42 people, 7.72%)
- Ambien (41 people, 7.54%)
- Xanax (36 people, 6.62%)
- Cymbalta (29 people, 5.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Depression while taking Suboxone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Suboxone and have Depression
- support group for people who take Suboxone
- support group for people who have Depression
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone been helped by taking lexapro and wellbutrin?
(Asked by a 22 year old woman who has Depression, and takes Wellbutrin, Lexapro)
I am the mom of a 22 year old who is trying to get through college and can't seem to find the right meds for depression. She is taking Lexapro and I am wondering if adding Wellbutrin will help.
- Effect of zoloft and vitamin d on seborrheic keratoses
(Asked by a 85 year old man who has Depression, Seborrheic Keratosis, and takes Vitamin D, Zoloft)
Has anyone noted a change in their seborrheic keratoses after taking Zoloft?
Any changes after taking Vitamin D either 5000 IU daily or 50000 IU weekly
- Can anyone comment on recurrent depressions in fall and spring
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Depression, Recurrent Depressions, and takes Zoloft)
for many years i suffer depression twice a year spring and fall
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- Why would doctor prescribe meclizine when otc med available? stronger?
(Asked by a 49 year old man who has Depression, and takes Klonopin, Symbyax, Temazepam, Meclizine)
Gastric bypass. After years found should not be prescribed extended release medications-- they do not work because stomach (duodenum) releases enzymes and acids to release XR. Suffer from GAD, MAD, PTSD, ADHD, Insomnia. I've driven away my best friend-- I'm tired of life-- alone.
More questions for: Suboxone, Depression
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Pacemaker experience
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Heart Rate Decreased, Sick Sinus Syndrome, and takes Suboxone)
I had a pacemaker installed about 5 weeks ago. I went to the doctors because I was feeling fatigue, shortness of breath, I felt as if someone was holding my heart in their hand and I had some confusion and dizziness.
To get to the point, after my first visit with my PCP I decided to go directly ...
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Depression, Depressive Symptom, Irritability, PMS, PMDD, and takes Prometrium, Ortho-novum 7/7/7-28, Yaz)
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- Yawning after taking sub
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Watery Eyes, Runny Nose, Yawning, and takes Suboxone)
Within a few minutes after I take my Suboxone film I seem to get intense yawning event along with runny nose & watery eyes lasting 5-15 mins. Sometimes I can make it subside by drinking a lot of water if I am in a place I can get it. I have been on Sub for approx 5 yrs. & have only noticed this side ...
- How saphris causedmy husbands death
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Saphris)
My husband was given saphris to treat bipolar disorder in June, 2010. After taking it for two weeks,the dosage was increased. On July 29, 2010, he started having hallucinations and before I could get help (we lived in rural area), he committed suicide.
More reviews for: Suboxone, Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Vyvanse for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Adhd. The patient has Headache - Tension, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Sexual Dysfunction, Anxiety, Depression
Comments: I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Vyvanse for a patient with Bipolar 2, Adhd. The patient has Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Irritability, Sexual Dysfunction
Comments: It used to be so easy to get an erection. It would take a touch or quick rub to get hard...really hard .. After taking vyvanse and lamotrigine for about a week. I've gotten my first erectile dysfuntion. It took so long to get hard and i would barely even get hard. It was like a hard soft. I really d ...
- A study of side effects of Suboxone for a patient with Pain. The patient has Discolored Teeth
Comments: I have always had brilliant naturally white teeth and since I started taking suboxone for pain management in lieu of methadone and hydrocodone my teeth are now grey/beige! I am really upset because the medication seems to work well. I am thinking it is because it dissolves in my mouth and I do not s ...
- A study of side effects of Suboxone for a patient with Pain Management. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
Comments: headaches,dizziness,Muscle aches and pains,brain fog and memory loss, fatigued and illish ,shortness of breathe or anxiety like, some emotional or mental type stuff,little depression,& off type behavoirs or moodswings, Went to the doctor she did bloodwork thyroid was low, tht test or something, iron ...
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Rebound Effect (take-back effect), Dopey Drowsy, Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams), Aggression Aggravated, Drug Dependence, Sudden Forgetfulness, Increased Appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires), Depression
Comments: I have been on lorazepam for about almost 8 months. I used it since march because of me losing sleep and having panic attacks in middle or during my sleep. I also used it for anxiety. I was once in er for having panic attacks and they gave me this and other medicines I was on was lexapro and that di ...
More related studies for: Suboxone, Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Silver and Psychogenic Erectile Dysfunction
- Bad Breath
- Kidney Stones and Arrhythmia
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Cough and Topamax
- Has anyone experienced getting perioral dermatitis after botox injections?
Approx. 1 year ago perioral dermatitis on my face occured. ... (31 minutes ago)
- Is it safe to mastrubate while recovering from gbs gullian barre syndrome (gbs)
im currently on my recovery path its been 4 months and yet ... (1 hour ago)
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months????
Answer: Mouth ulcers whenever I lower my abilify dosage. Went to d ... (21 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (12 hours ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (20 hours ago)
- Jakavi_side effects on weight gain
Gained 6 kgs after 3 months of using Jakafi 5mg (4 tabs)/d ... (1 day ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Levothyroxine Sodium, Mirapex, Pravachol, Cymbalta, Clonidine, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Topamax for a 58-year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, RLS, High Density Lipoprotein Abnormal, RSD, Hot Flashes, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Headache (42 minutes ago)
- Cephalexin, Aranesp for a 86-year old woman who has Discitis, Low Hemoglobin (46 minutes ago)
- Humira for a 29-year old woman who has Psoriasis (1 hour ago)