Review: could Suboxone cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Suboxone, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Crystal methamphetamine, and have Depression.
We study 7,276 people who have side effects while taking Suboxone from FDA and social media. Among them, 36 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Suboxone and have Hair loss >>>
Suboxone has active ingredients of buprenorphine hydrochloride; naloxone hydrochloride. It is often used in opiate withdrawal. (latest outcomes from 8,301 Suboxone users)
Hair loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,734 Hair loss patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 7,270 people reported to have side effects when taking Suboxone. Among them, 36 people (0.50%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Suboxone when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||6.25%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||81.25%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Suboxone * :
|Hair loss||35.29%||64.71% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Suboxone * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||13.33%||75.56%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Suboxone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||40.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (25 people, 69.44%)
- Staphylococcal infection (25 people, 69.44%)
- Drug dependence (20 people, 55.56%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (18 people, 50.00%)
- Eczema (10 people, 27.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Crystal methamphetamine (26 people, 72.22%)
- Pristiq (26 people, 72.22%)
- Zoloft (26 people, 72.22%)
- Zyvox (25 people, 69.44%)
- Luvox cr (25 people, 69.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of suboxone and hair loss on
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Suboxone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Suboxone and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Suboxone
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of LARIAM for a 68-year old woman with Malaria. The patient has Asthenia (weakness), Scar Revision (when the skin is injured from a cut or tears the body heals by forming scar tissue), Loss Of Hair
- A study of side effects of Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Suboxone for a 32-year old woman with ADD, Drug Addiction. The patient has Loss Of Smell, Vaginal Discharge
- A study of drug interactions between Suboxone, Celebrex, Clonidine for a 32-year old man with Drug Addiction, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Adhd. The patient has Constipation Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Unisom for a 51-year old woman with Insomnia. The patient has Aging Changes In The Face, Menstruation Irregular, Hair Loss, Presbyopia (condition in which the lens of the eye loses its ability to focus, making it difficult to see objects up close)
Recent Suboxone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Suboxone, Adderall Xr 20, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Prozac, Ritalin, Suboxone, Xanax for a 52-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Suboxone for a 40-year old man who has Thyroid Function Test Abnormal
- Comparions of Acyclovir, Adderall 20, Wellbutrin Xl, Suboxone, Ativan for a 34-year old woman who has PTSD
- Comparions of Suboxone, Concerta for a 40-year old man who has ADD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.