Review: could Suboxone cause Suicidal thoughts (Suicidal Ideation)?
Summary: Suicidal thoughts is found among people who take Suboxone, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xanax, and have Drug dependence.
We study 7,270 people who have side effects while taking Suboxone from FDA and social media. Among them, 587 have Suicidal thoughts. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicidal thoughts and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Suboxone and have Suicidal thoughts >>>
Suboxone has active ingredients of buprenorphine hydrochloride; naloxone hydrochloride. It is often used in opiate withdrawal. (latest outcomes from 8,301 Suboxone users)
Suicidal thoughts has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, acne. (latest reports from 42,711 Suicidal thoughts patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 7,270 people reported to have side effects when taking Suboxone. Among them, 587 people (8.07%) have Suicidal Thoughts.
Time on Suboxone when people have Suicidal thoughts * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicidal thoughts||33.58%||32.85%||8.03%||13.14%||11.68%||0.73%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Suicidal thoughts when taking Suboxone * :
|Suicidal thoughts||44.86%||55.14% |
Age of people who have Suicidal thoughts when taking Suboxone * :
|Suicidal thoughts||0.15%||0.00%||0.30%||21.12%||18.02%||26.44%||27.03%||6.94% |
Severity of Suicidal thoughts when taking Suboxone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Suicidal thoughts||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Suicidal thoughts ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Suicidal thoughts||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Drug dependence (217 people, 36.97%)
- Depression (85 people, 14.48%)
- Anxiety (60 people, 10.22%)
- Pain (53 people, 9.03%)
- Hypertension (38 people, 6.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (51 people, 8.69%)
- Subutex (39 people, 6.64%)
- Prozac (32 people, 5.45%)
- Seroquel (31 people, 5.28%)
- Percocet (27 people, 4.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Suicidal Thoughts while taking Suboxone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Suboxone and have Suicidal Thoughts
- support group for people who take Suboxone
- support group for people who have Suicidal Thoughts
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 28-year old man with Antidepressant Therapy. The patient has Suicidal Thoughts
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Suboxone for a 32-year old woman with ADD, Drug Addiction. The patient has Loss Of Smell, Vaginal Discharge
- A study of drug interactions between Suboxone, Celebrex, Clonidine for a 32-year old man with Drug Addiction, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Adhd. The patient has Constipation Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Suboxone for a 28-year old woman with Depression, Opiate Withdrawal. The patient has Wheezing
- A study of side effects of Imipramine Hydrochloride for a 27-year old man with Bedwetting. The patient has Suicidal Ideation, Homicidal Ideation (thoughts about human killing another human)
Recent Suboxone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Suboxone, Adderall Xr 20, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Prozac, Ritalin, Suboxone, Xanax for a 52-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Suboxone for a 40-year old man who has Thyroid Function Test Abnormal
- Comparions of Acyclovir, Adderall 20, Wellbutrin Xl, Suboxone, Ativan for a 34-year old woman who has PTSD
- Comparions of Suboxone, Concerta for a 40-year old man who has ADD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.