Subutex and Joint pain - from FDA reports
Joint pain is found among people who take Subutex, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Breast cancer. This review analyzes which people have Joint pain with Subutex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,016 people who have side effects when taking Subutex from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
5,016 people reported to have side effects when taking Subutex.
Among them, 63 people (1.26%) have Joint pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Subutex when people have Joint pain *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Joint pain when taking Subutex *:
- female: 70.97 %
- male: 29.03 %
Age of people who have Joint pain when taking Subutex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 1.64 %
- 10-19: 1.64 %
- 20-29: 11.48 %
- 30-39: 8.2 %
- 40-49: 24.59 %
- 50-59: 49.18 %
- 60+: 3.28 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Breast Cancer (8 people, 12.70%)
- Multiple Myeloma (4 people, 6.35%)
- Metastases To Bone (4 people, 6.35%)
- Hepatitis C (4 people, 6.35%)
- Drug Dependence (4 people, 6.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax (34 people, 53.97%)
- Oxycontin (34 people, 53.97%)
- Lyrica (33 people, 52.38%)
- Cymbalta (31 people, 49.21%)
- Gabapentin (30 people, 47.62%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Neck Pain (33 people, 52.38%)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (33 people, 52.38%)
- Dizziness (33 people, 52.38%)
- Pain In Jaw (32 people, 50.79%)
- Pain In Extremity (32 people, 50.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Joint pain when taking Subutex?
- Check symptoms - is joint pain caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsJoint pain and drugs with ingredients of buprenorphine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeJoint pain and Subutex from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Subutex has active ingredients of buprenorphine hydrochloride. It is often used in opiate withdrawal. (latest outcomes from Subutex 5,365 users)
Joint pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, psoriatic arthropathy, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 229,637 Joint pain patients).
Browse all side effects of Subutexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Joint painJoint pain
Could your condition cause Joint painJoint pain
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My 8 yr old was prescribed cefdinir for an ear infection. After taking for 10 days he developed hives and itching for a few days. The hives were not severe. Gave him benadryl and cleared up. A few days later he complained of pain in index finger then his wrist. Thought he slept on it wrong until ...
User reviews to the study
I'm trying to figure out what could be wrong with me. The only drug I take everyday is acarbose. Its been about a year and my knee pain especially is unbearable. I've just stopped taking acarbose to see if the pain gets better
I have been using Faslodex for one year for metastatic breast cancer that had spread to my bones and lymph nodes. The response has been excellent. Most of the cancer is gone. I have minor side effects (e.g., headache, nausea, etc.). My only real complaint is pain in my right hip joint that ...