Subutex and Overdose - from FDA reports
Overdose is found among people who take Subutex, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Diazepam, and have Drug dependence. This review analyzes which people have Overdose with Subutex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,928 people who have side effects when taking Subutex from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 20, 2017
4,928 people reported to have side effects when taking Subutex.
Among them, 121 people (2.46%) have Overdose
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Subutex when people have Overdose *:
- < 1 month: 60.71 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 17.86 %
- 1 - 2 years: 10.71 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 10.71 %
Gender of people who have Overdose when taking Subutex *:
- female: 31.62 %
- male: 68.38 %
Age of people who have Overdose when taking Subutex *:
- 0-1: 0.96 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.88 %
- 20-29: 23.08 %
- 30-39: 36.54 %
- 40-49: 21.15 %
- 50-59: 10.58 %
- 60+: 4.81 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Drug Dependence (30 people, 24.79%)
- Stress And Anxiety (16 people, 13.22%)
- Back Pain (10 people, 8.26%)
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (9 people, 7.44%)
- Depression (8 people, 6.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Diazepam (17 people, 14.05%)
- Ibuprofen (12 people, 9.92%)
- Suboxone (11 people, 9.09%)
- Lyrica (11 people, 9.09%)
- Clonazepam (10 people, 8.26%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Suicidal Ideation (15 people, 12.40%)
- Stress And Anxiety (15 people, 12.40%)
- Drug Ineffective (15 people, 12.40%)
- Feeling Abnormal (13 people, 10.74%)
- Depression (13 people, 10.74%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Overdose when taking Subutex?
Subutex has active ingredients of buprenorphine hydrochloride. It is often used in opiate withdrawal. (latest outcomes from Subutex 5,275 users)
Overdose has been reported by people with pain, depression, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 82,194 Overdose patients).