Review: could Sucralfate cause Low blood sugar (Hypoglycemia)?
Summary: Low blood sugar is found among people who take Sucralfate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Amlodipine, and have High blood pressure.
We study 4,551 people who have side effects while taking Sucralfate from FDA and social media. Among them, 31 have Low blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have Low blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Sucralfate and have Low blood sugar >>>
Sucralfate has active ingredients of sucralfate. It is often used in gastric ulcer. (latest outcomes from 4,659 Sucralfate users)
Low blood sugar
Low blood sugar (low blood sugar cause seizures) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, type 1 diabetes mellitus. (latest reports from 20,736 Low blood sugar patients)
On Apr, 4, 2015: 4,551 people reported to have side effects when taking Sucralfate. Among them, 31 people (0.68%) have Low Blood Sugar.
Time on Sucralfate when people have Low blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Low blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Sucralfate * :
|Low blood sugar||73.68%||26.32% |
Age of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Sucralfate * :
|Low blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||8.33%||80.56% |
Severity of Low blood sugar when taking Sucralfate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Low blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Low blood sugar ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Low blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (13 people, 41.94%)
- Gastritis (5 people, 16.13%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (4 people, 12.90%)
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 9.68%)
- Fibromyalgia (3 people, 9.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amlodipine (11 people, 35.48%)
- Miya bm (11 people, 35.48%)
- Olmesartan medoxomil (11 people, 35.48%)
- Omeprazole (8 people, 25.81%)
- Lasix (7 people, 22.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Low Blood Sugar while taking Sucralfate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Sucralfate and have Low Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Sucralfate
- support group for people who have Low Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium Oxide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Lorazepam, Sucralfate for a 51-year old woman with Lower Blood Pressure, Heart Rate Increased, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Gastric Ulcer. The patient has Hot Flushes
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a 35-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Hypoglycaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Pulmicort Flexhaler, Proair Hfa, Mirena for a 35-year old woman with Asthma, Birth Control. The patient has Nipple Pain, Insomnia, Thirst, Heart Pounding Or Racing, Confusion, Muscle Aches, Headache, Dizziness, Nosebleed, Hypoglycaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Myrbetriq, Carafate, Protonix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Rifampin, Cefuroxime, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Low Vitamin D, Ovarian Cyst, Bladder, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Muscle Relaxer, Neuropathy, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Proair Hfa, Ginger Root, Simvastatin, Probiotic, Flomax, Humulin R, Atenolol, Rocephin, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 57-year old man with Hypertension, Chronic Bronchitis, Health, High Blood Cholesterol, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cancer - Prostate, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Respiratory Tract Congestion, Infection - Ear. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
Recent Sucralfate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.