Review: could Sudafed 12 hour cause Urinary retention?
Summary: Urinary retention is found among people who take Sudafed 12 hour, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Nasacort, and have Sinus congestion.
We study 3,064 people who have side effects while taking Sudafed 12 hour from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Urinary retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary retention and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Sudafed 12 hour and have Urinary retention >>>
Sudafed 12 hour
Sudafed 12 hour has active ingredients of pseudoephedrine hydrochloride. It is often used in nasal congestion. (latest outcomes from 3,858 Sudafed 12 hour users)
Urinary retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 13,968 Urinary retention patients)
On Mar, 9, 2015: 3,064 people reported to have side effects when taking Sudafed 12 hour. Among them, 13 people (0.42%) have Urinary Retention.
Time on Sudafed 12 hour when people have Urinary retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary retention||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary retention when taking Sudafed 12 hour * :
|Urinary retention||11.11%||88.89% |
Age of people who have Urinary retention when taking Sudafed 12 hour * :
|Urinary retention||0.00%||3.70%||3.70%||0.00%||0.00%||3.70%||77.78%||11.11% |
Severity of Urinary retention when taking Sudafed 12 hour ** :
How people recovered from Urinary retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sinus congestion (8 people, 61.54%)
- Upper-airway cough syndrome (8 people, 61.54%)
- Asthma (3 people, 23.08%)
- Rhinorrhoea (3 people, 23.08%)
- Dyspnoea (2 people, 15.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nasacort (3 people, 23.08%)
- Xopenex (3 people, 23.08%)
- Uniphyl (3 people, 23.08%)
- Spiriva (3 people, 23.08%)
- Combivent (3 people, 23.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of sudafed 12 hour and urinary retention on
Do you have Urinary Retention while taking Sudafed 12 Hour?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Sudafed 12 hour and have Urinary Retention
- support group for people who take Sudafed 12 hour
- support group for people who have Urinary Retention
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
- A study of side effects of Welchol for a 80-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Urinary Retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder)
- A study of side effects of Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 47-year old woman with Aanxiety And Depression. The patient has Urinary Retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder)
- A study of drug interactions between Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Naproxen for a 31-year old woman with Stuffy Nose, Back Pain. The patient has Itching, Petechiae
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man with BPH, Nasal Congestion. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
Recent Sudafed 12 hour related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.