Review: could Sudafed cause Low blood sugar (Hypoglycemia)?
Summary: Low blood sugar is found among people who take Sudafed, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, also take medication Sudafed 12 hour, and have Blood testosterone decreased.
We study 3,922 people who have side effects while taking Sudafed from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Low blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have Low blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Sudafed and have Low blood sugar >>>
Sudafed has active ingredients of pseudoephedrine hydrochloride. It is often used in nasal congestion. (latest outcomes from Sudafed 5,158 users)
Low blood sugar
Low blood sugar (low blood sugar cause seizures) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, type 1 diabetes mellitus.(latest reports from Low blood sugar 20,559 patients)
On Dec, 16, 2014: 3,922 people reported to have side effects when taking Sudafed. Among them, 6 people (0.15%) have Low Blood Sugar.
Time on Sudafed when people have Low blood sugar * :
Gender of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Sudafed * :
|Low blood sugar||16.67%||83.33% |
Age of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Sudafed * :
|Low blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||60.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Low blood sugar when taking Sudafed ** :
How people recovered from Low blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood testosterone decreased (2 people, 33.33%)
- Hypertonic bladder (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Sudafed 12 hour (6 people, 100.00%)
- Dexchlorpheniramine maleate (3 people, 50.00%)
- Humalog (3 people, 50.00%)
- Catapres (3 people, 50.00%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (2 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Low Blood Sugar while taking Sudafed?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Sudafed and have Low Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Sudafed
- support group for people who have Low Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Hallucinations and skin thas red and hurts
I am having horrable hallucinations.manic episodes because i slam on the brakes to avoid people or animals that are not there.i feel like im going to razy.high bood pressure, heavy breathing and anxiety.my face and body have spoys that are like a sun burn and blisters in my mouth.emergency room accused me of being drugy and said the blood tests came back that i had meth in my blood..i not breathing deep enough and would stop by hen the tubes were removed.i also experience episodes if slured speech and confusion.i am no way a meth user ad soon as it was thought that i used drugs.i was discharged i read my paperwork that said.METHAMPHETAMINE USER. WHY?- I need answers. Would any or all cause this? But i have still the problems i went there for am i allergic to my meds levothyroxine?
- Can i connect by email with other patients that have hypoglycemia and stevens-johnson syndrome? (1 answer)
I have had hypoglycemia since childhood, and I have managed it easily until just this weekend. I got S-J two years ago from Bactrim. As I have healed from S-J very slowly and painfully, I was exercising hard, and working hard and slipped a little on not eating enough protein. I started dropping into sugar blackouts and it scared the crap out of me! Still working at being able to eat enough to straighten out low sugar levels. Any suggestions helpful, Thanks, Leann
- Wondering if dexilant is causing my problem (2 answers)
have had my prostate checked by urologist and prostate is slightly enlarged but not enough to cause problems.urinary track ok,bladder ok etc.
drank a liter of water and bladder emptied ok in test.
seem to urinate good after consuming coffee or beer but lately having more whiskey than beer.
when I drink whiskey I don't urinate much in evening but have to get up 3 or 4 times during the night to urinate.amlodipine,ramipril,atenolol are for blood pressure.
rosuvastatin for cholesterol,methocarbonal for sore back,pseudoephedrine and ibuprofen are for sinus headaches caused from smoking cigarettes.
so anybody out there think dexilant might be causing my urinating during the night problem ?
plus when I do go during the night I don't seem to completely empty my bladder!
any ideas ?
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth (4 answers)
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
- Can i take saphris with sudafed and benadryl
Is it ok to take sudafed and Benadryl cold and flu tablets with saphris bipolar tablets?
More questions for: Sudafed, Low blood sugar
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Skin burning sensation with delsym (1 response)
I had been sick for about a week and had been taking Sudafed every 4-6 hours for congestion for the past couple of days. I also take wellbutrin SR daily as an antidepressant. I started taking the suspension formula of Delsym 12 hour release about 24 hours previously (so I had already had two doses) I took my third dose. Within 10-20 minutes of swallowing it I started to feel things were somewhat surreal and then noticed a skin burning sensation particularly on my neck and face. The skin burning sensation intensified spreading throughout my body and caused a panic attack. The skin burning persisted off and on for at least the next 12 hours. I have not taken delsym since and am no longer experiencing the feeling.
- Bad nosebleed (sudafed related?) (1 response)
I have the rhinitis as a result of rebound syndrome from using nasal sprays for years. I use the Flonase to somewhat alleviate the need for the over-the-counter sprays (first two drugs listed). In spite of that, I rarely, if ever, have nosebleeds. I also rarely, if ever, get colds. However, yesterday I decided I definitely was getting a cold and decided to take some 12-hour Sudafed. I took my second dose a couple of hours early and next thing you know my nose was bleeding fairly profusely all night. I tried the recommended method of tilting the head forward and holding the nose shut for 10 minutes but all that did was fill my head with blood and when I let go all kinds of blood and clotted blood came out of my nose and mouth making a huge mess. What worked for me after hours of trying was tilting the head slightly back, putting up with the blood trickling down my throat and trying not to breathe or irritate the bleeding nostril. Periodically I'd have to cough up or blow out some clotting because it became too much to handle but eventually this method worked for me. I've decided to refrain from taking anymore Sudafed or nasal sprays for the time being at least until I'm sure the nosebleed is completely gone.
More reviews for: Sudafed, Low blood sugar
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I am a Type 1 diabetic on insulin pump therapy with the continuous glucose monitoring link. I also take a Sertraline pill a day to take the edge off, but do not always take it on time during the hectic weekends/holidays. The past 2 days (day 3 and 4 of Tamiflu medication) had episodes where my blood ...
- This could be a coincidence, but after stopping 20mg/day Omeprazole just over a week ago, I've been experiencing feeling of low blood sugar starting within a few days, but I didn't make a connection between the two issues.
Although I wake up feeling fine, low blood sugar symptoms happen not long ...
- Coughing is severe often to the point that things go black and there is a ringing in my ears. I have never passed out, though I often think I may. I have allergies and my coughing onset is usually due to aspiration of food drink or sinus drainage. Sometimes It begins with a sharp tickle in my lar ...
- Had Turp 4.5 yrs ago, have had retrograde ejaculation since procedure.
Bupropion, Take two 200mg in morning and one 200mg in the evening
Use nebulizer 4 or more times per day. Recently changed to clonazepam, had been on alprazolam 1 mg 3 times a day.
- Currently hospitalized 27 year old taking Atenolol for BP at least 6 months. Blood sugars rise with glucose injections IM or IV for about 1 hour and then drop in the 40's and 50's continually. Start of decline is profuse sweating, feels dizzy, and general feeling bad
More related studies for: Sudafed, Low blood sugar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.