Review: could Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim cause Drug screen false positive?
Summary: Drug screen false positive is reported only by a few people who take Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim.
We study 5,543 people who have side effects while taking Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug screen false positive and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim and have Drug screen false positive >>>
Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim
Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from 5,756 Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim users)
Drug screen false positive
Drug screen false positive has been reported by people with depression, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, pain. (latest reports from 1,235 Drug screen false positive patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 5,543 people reported to have side effects when taking Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim. Among them, 1 people (0.02%) has Drug Screen False Positive.
Time on Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim when people have Drug screen false positive * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug screen false positive||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Drug screen false positive when taking Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim * :
|Drug screen false positive||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Drug screen false positive when taking Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim * :
|Drug screen false positive||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Infection (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Gerold (2 years ago):
I'm a white male that is 46 yrs old. I'm taking a antibiotic called trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole. I'm on probation. Since I started taking this medicine I've been failing urine test for benzos. The only other meds I'm taking is janumet n vitimans. I never had a issue with these. I need some info on the antibiotics before I get in trouble with probation
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim and drug screen false positive on
Do you have Drug Screen False Positive while taking Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim and have Drug Screen False Positive
- support group for people who take Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim
- support group for people who have Drug Screen False Positive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 31-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Incontinence - Urinary (involuntary leakage of urine)
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 17-year old boy with Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Persistent Cloaca (complex anorectal and genitourinary malformation)
- A study of drug interactions between Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Aleve, Lipitor, Terbinafine Hydrochloride, Bactrim DS, Tamsulosin for a 68-year old man with Insomnia, Prostate Seed Implant, High Blood Cholesterol, Toe Fungus, Post Prostate Surgery Syndrome, Urinary Tract Disorder. The patient has Weight Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Ambien, Bactrim, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methylprednisolone, Glipizide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Carafate for a 77-year old man with Bone Marrow Aspiration, Insomnia, Uti, Pain, Inflammation, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Weakness, Hiccups
- A study of side effects of Septra Ds for a 39-year old woman with Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Hemorrhoidal Bleeding (bleeding piles)
Recent Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.