Home > Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim > Genital pain > Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim and Genital pain
Review: could Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim cause Genital pain (Groin pain)?
Summary: Genital pain is found among people who take Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Yasmin, and have Contraception.
We study 5,534 people who have side effects while taking Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have Genital pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Genital pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim and have Genital pain >>>
Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim
Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim (latest outcomes from 5,746 users) has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection.
Genital pain (pain in genital) (latest reports from 32,832 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, birth control, osteopenia, pain, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 5,534 people reported to have side effects when taking Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim. Among them, 22 people (0.40%) have Genital Pain.
Time on Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim when people have Genital pain * :
Gender of people who have Genital pain when taking Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim * :
|Genital pain||77.27%||22.73% |
Age of people who have Genital pain when taking Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim * :
|Genital pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||27.78%||11.11%||5.56%||5.56%||50.00% |
Severity of Genital pain when taking Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim ** :
How people recovered from Genital pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (3 people, 13.64%)
- Urinary tract infection (3 people, 13.64%)
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 13.64%)
- Prostate infection (3 people, 13.64%)
- Acne (2 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Yasmin (7 people, 31.82%)
- Fosamax (7 people, 31.82%)
- Potassium chloride (7 people, 31.82%)
- Actonel (7 people, 31.82%)
- Prilosec (6 people, 27.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Genital Pain while taking Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim and have Genital Pain
- support group for people who take Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim
- support group for people who have Genital Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Methods to manage groin pain in parkinsons
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has NULL::character Varying, NULL::character Varying, Parkinson's Disease, Pain - Groin, and takes Ropinirole, Sinemet)
I have been fighting this for 3 years now and medications do not seem to have provided any relief. Meds taken are Sinemet and Ropinerole.
- Can sulfamethoxazole-tmp ds, raise or lower blood sugar.
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Yeast Infection - Vagina, UTI - Acute, and takes Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim)
Symptoms the last 10 days are chills, sweating, light fever (98.9 to 100) sometimes. General malaise, tired, poor sleep. Just depressed, because of the recurrent Infection that no antibiotics (supposedly the bacteria Klesiella-pneumoniae is Sensitive to all the antibiotics I have taken so far)has cl ...
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Daptomycin, Bactrim, Levaquin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Clindamycin Phosphate In Dextrose 5%)
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- What can i do about nausea from generic bactrim
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Nausea, and takes Bactrim Ds)
I want to know what I can do to combat nausea from this drug
- Can fever be caused by parkinson's disease
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Sleepiness - During The Day, Shaking Hands, Feeling Of Being Pulled Backwords, Feelings Of Worthlessness, Hand Grasping , Hand Tremor, Extremely Short Term Memory Loss, Slow Thought Expression, Intermittent Low Grade Fever, and takes Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Lasix, Eplerenone)
I have had 2 attacks which included: Intermittent Low Grade Fever, Hand Tremor, Hand Grasping , and Feelings Of Worthlessness. I have osteopenia and chronic liver cirrhosis.
More questions for: Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim, Genital pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bactrim causes severe side effects
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Severe Abdominal Pain For Months, and takes Bactrim)
I get bladder infections on a regular basis. I do not have a doctor so I end up in the ER every time. I normally go to the same ER but not all the time. I have been prescribed medications like Cipro and Bactrim. Cipro usually knocks out the infection but I always get another one.
For the last thre ...
- Something should be done....
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Sever Knee An Muscle Pain, and takes Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim)
Medicine had my kness aching badly. Cause my legs to lock up where I couldn't bend then. Had to elevate for 2weeks. Feeling better but they still hurt and knees keep popping. Had to take fluid pills cause they were so swollen.
- Interaction between bactrim & vit c
(Posted by a 41 year old man who has Tachycardia Paroxysmal, and takes Bactrim)
I drank one tablet of bactrim with glass of vit C (1 tablet), after 5 minutes I became red (face & eyes) with high tachycardia and high pressure in the ears.
After 15 minutes I observed differents red points on the skin (hand, arms & legs).
I would like to inform you that I took in the past bact ...
More reviews for: Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim, Genital pain
- A study of drug interactions between Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Vicodin for a patient with Latent Tetany, Neuralgia. The patient has Ear Pain, Constant Thrumming Sound In Ears, Hypersensitivity, Hypersensitivity, Full Body Tetany, Full Body Numbness, Perineal Pain, Penile Pain, Renal Pain
Comments: All of this started after I finished masturbating one night two years ago. Upon climax, I was struck with an instant, excruciating pain in my rectum and scrotum areas. My penis immediately went numb and it felt as though every muscle in my perineum was seized up. I had no control, they would not ...
- A study of drug interactions between Bactrim, Cialis, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Kidney Infection (pyelonephritis), Impotence, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Bactrim Ds
Comments: I believe that I have Carcinoid Syndrome, however, obtaining a diagnosis for this rare form of Cancer is extremely difficult. I went to see my doctor for pain in the lower left quadrant in my back. Other symptoms I have include: Stinging sensation upon urination, clear urine with foam on top as th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Bactroban, Clobetasol Propionate, Simvastatin, Prilosec, Bactrim Ds, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride for a patient with Anxiety, Skin Ulcers, Itchy Skin, High Blood Cholesterol, Barretts Esophagus, Bacterial Infection, Infected Skin Ulcer. The patient has Chronic Skin Ulcer, Diminished Kidney Functions, Klonopin - Insomnia
Comments: I was diagnosed with Prurigo nodularis in Jan '12 after biopsy was done and previously had two months of itching, sores, bumps on legs, head, shoulders, arms. Out of work due to skin condition, which has worsened - ulcers on legs, neck, shoulders, arms, infected, sore, stabbing pain, sensitive to c ...
- A study of drug interactions between Septra, Bactroban for a patient with Mrsa Infection. The patient has Hallucination, Visual
Comments: My 3 yr old was diagnosed with a bacterial skin infection (MRSA) on his bottom. The doctor perscribed Bactroban for topical treatment and Septra as an antibiotic. Septra is to be taken 2 times daily. The Bactroban is to be applied one to two times daily. After three doses of the Septra, the last ...
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a patient with Infection. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
Comments: I hadn't slept for a night and went to the hospital later the next night (sunday early morning) and was prescribed keflex and bactrim. I finally fell asleep and stayed asleep for about 20 hours. I awoke extremely confused. I had been having lucid dreams the whole time I was asleep. I called my broth ...
More related studies for: Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim, Genital pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Xarelto and Muscle Pain
- Methimazole and Thrombophlebitis
- Zyprexa and Infertility
- Biotin and Vaginal Discharge
- Gynaecomastia and Atenolol
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (2 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (6 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (8 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (2 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (7 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zoloft for a 27-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder (5 minutes ago)
- Pantoprazole, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Opana Er, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Augmentin '875' for a 57-year old man who has Heartburn, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety And Stress, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain, Surgery (1 hour ago)
- Tylenol W/ Codeine for a 25-year old woman who has TMD (2 hours ago)