Home > Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim > Sweating - excessive > Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim and Sweating - excessive
Review: could Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim cause Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis)?
Summary: Sweating - excessive is found among people who take Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Promethazine, and have Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia.
We study 5,534 people who have side effects while taking Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim from FDA and social media. Among them, 42 have Sweating - excessive. Find out below who they are, when they have Sweating - excessive and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim and have Sweating - excessive >>>
Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim
Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim (latest outcomes from 5,751 users) has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection.
Sweating - excessive
Sweating - excessive (abnormally increased sweating) (latest reports from 42,617 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 5,534 people reported to have side effects when taking Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim. Among them, 42 people (0.76%) have Sweating - Excessive.
Time on Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim when people have Sweating - excessive * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sweating - excessive||92.31%||7.69%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim * :
|Sweating - excessive||15.79%||84.21% |
Age of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim * :
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||1.82%||5.45%||14.55%||12.73%||14.55%||50.91% |
Severity of Sweating - excessive when taking Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sweating - excessive ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (18 people, 42.86%)
- Prophylaxis (18 people, 42.86%)
- Multiple myeloma (5 people, 11.90%)
- Sinusitis (4 people, 9.52%)
- Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia (3 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Promethazine (22 people, 52.38%)
- Phenergan (18 people, 42.86%)
- Trimethoprim (18 people, 42.86%)
- Hydrocortisone (18 people, 42.86%)
- Prometazine (18 people, 42.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sweating - Excessive while taking Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim and have Sweating - Excessive
- support group for people who take Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim
- support group for people who have Sweating - Excessive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can you split the tablet of limitical 200mg?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Sweating - Excessive, and takes Ritalin La)
I have taken 150mg or 200mg of lamitical for 25 years. I am now spliting the 200 tablet in half to make 300mg. Started sweating big time.
- Can sulfamethoxazole-tmp ds, raise or lower blood sugar.
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Yeast Infection - Vagina, UTI - Acute, and takes Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim)
Symptoms the last 10 days are chills, sweating, light fever (98.9 to 100) sometimes. General malaise, tired, poor sleep. Just depressed, because of the recurrent Infection that no antibiotics (supposedly the bacteria Klesiella-pneumoniae is Sensitive to all the antibiotics I have taken so far)has cl ...
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Daptomycin, Bactrim, Levaquin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Clindamycin Phosphate In Dextrose 5%)
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- What can i do about nausea from generic bactrim
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Nausea, and takes Bactrim Ds)
I want to know what I can do to combat nausea from this drug
- Can fever be caused by parkinson's disease
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Sleepiness - During The Day, Shaking Hands, Feeling Of Being Pulled Backwords, Feelings Of Worthlessness, Hand Grasping , Hand Tremor, Extremely Short Term Memory Loss, Slow Thought Expression, Intermittent Low Grade Fever, and takes Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Lasix, Eplerenone)
I have had 2 attacks which included: Intermittent Low Grade Fever, Hand Tremor, Hand Grasping , and Feelings Of Worthlessness. I have osteopenia and chronic liver cirrhosis.
More questions for: Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim, Sweating - excessive
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Heavy sweating during sleep
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Stent 3 Years Ago RCA, Heart Attack, Prostate Infection, Fractures Nonunion, Tachycardia, Low Blood Pressure, Sweating - Excessive, and takes Saw Palmetto Berry, Valium, Norco, Soma)
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- Bactrim causes severe side effects
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Severe Abdominal Pain For Months, and takes Bactrim)
I get bladder infections on a regular basis. I do not have a doctor so I end up in the ER every time. I normally go to the same ER but not all the time. I have been prescribed medications like Cipro and Bactrim. Cipro usually knocks out the infection but I always get another one.
For the last thre ...
- Something should be done....
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Sever Knee An Muscle Pain, and takes Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim)
Medicine had my kness aching badly. Cause my legs to lock up where I couldn't bend then. Had to elevate for 2weeks. Feeling better but they still hurt and knees keep popping. Had to take fluid pills cause they were so swollen.
- Interaction between bactrim & vit c
(Posted by a 41 year old man who has Tachycardia Paroxysmal, and takes Bactrim)
I drank one tablet of bactrim with glass of vit C (1 tablet), after 5 minutes I became red (face & eyes) with high tachycardia and high pressure in the ears.
After 15 minutes I observed differents red points on the skin (hand, arms & legs).
I would like to inform you that I took in the past bact ...
- Savella & synthroid hell!
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Hypermetanephrinemia, Insomnia, Palpitations, Hyperhidrosis, and takes Flexeril, Dilaudid, Morphine Sulfate, Fentanyl, Synthroid, Savella)
Within 15 minutes of taking Savella, the heat starts in my face and the sweating begins unrelentlessly. And the palpitations begin right away and later will be strong enough to wake me from sleep. Its horrible! I cant go anywhere! I cant tolerate any additional heat anywhere! And if I go out, I m ...
More reviews for: Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim, Sweating - excessive
- A study of side effects of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim Double Strength for a patient with Pilonidal Cyst. The patient has Cheilitis (infection of lips)
Comments: During the final day of my 10 day treatment, using Sulfamethoxazole, my lips began getting dry. The following morning, this trend continued, and after another 24 hours, my lips have become extremely painful. This has not subsided, whatsoever, and has become worse over the course of the last 3 days.. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Xl, Synthroid, Topamax, Prozac for a patient with Nausea, Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal, Neuropathic Pain, Migraine - Common, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
Comments: Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Klonopin, Effexor Xr, Lamictal, Abilify for a patient with Depression, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Sweating - Excessive, Headache, Akathisia, Weight Gain
Comments: Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
- A study of drug interactions between Pennsaid, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Butrans, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Hydroxyzine, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Bactrim Ds for a patient with Inflammation, Muscle Tightness, Pain, Hypothyroidism, Allergic Reaction - Drug (medication), Infection. The patient has Pain - Joints, Tendonitis Exacerbated
Comments: Added clindamyacin 5 days after starting Bactrim DS for infection affecting area between ear and mandible. Moderate GI pain within 12 hours of clindamyacin, nausea and LOA lasting 3 days, improved after that. By day 5 sudden onset rash on upper body, rapidly spread to proximal upper extremities th ...
- A study of side effects of Effexor for a patient with Depression. The patient has Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating), Slow Heart Beat, Bruising Easily And Large Bruises, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Short-term Memory Loss, Abnormal Dreams, Visual Impairment, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Headache - Tension (head pain due to tension), Pain, Achilles Tendonitis (sharp pain anywhere along the back of the tendon), Pain - Ankle, Knee Pain, Pain - Hip, Low Back Pain, Crepitations (noises are produced by the rubbing of parts one against the other), Joint Stiffness
Comments: Always had some low back pain and hip click on right side without pain, worsened with Effexor in past few months. Only on right side with knee pain now and crepitus in knee. Thigh pain in right side to knee and now radiating to right ankle (inner) and Achilles. Fatigue worsened and lack motivation ...
More related studies for: Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim, Sweating - excessive
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.