Review: could Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim cause Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis)?
Summary: Sweating - excessive is found among people who take Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Promethazine, and have Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia.
We study 5,543 people who have side effects while taking Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim from FDA and social media. Among them, 42 have Sweating - excessive. Find out below who they are, when they have Sweating - excessive and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim and have Sweating - excessive >>>
Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim
Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from 5,756 Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim users)
Sweating - excessive
Sweating - excessive (abnormally increased sweating) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 42,867 Sweating - excessive patients)
On Mar, 12, 2015: 5,543 people reported to have side effects when taking Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim. Among them, 42 people (0.76%) have Sweating - Excessive.
Time on Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim when people have Sweating - excessive * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sweating - excessive||92.31%||7.69%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim * :
|Sweating - excessive||15.79%||84.21% |
Age of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim * :
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||1.82%||5.45%||14.55%||12.73%||14.55%||50.91% |
Severity of Sweating - excessive when taking Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sweating - excessive ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (18 people, 42.86%)
- Prophylaxis (18 people, 42.86%)
- Multiple myeloma (5 people, 11.90%)
- Sinusitis (4 people, 9.52%)
- Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia (3 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Promethazine (22 people, 52.38%)
- Phenergan (18 people, 42.86%)
- Trimethoprim (18 people, 42.86%)
- Hydrocortisone (18 people, 42.86%)
- Prometazine (18 people, 42.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sweating - Excessive while taking Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim and have Sweating - Excessive
- support group for people who take Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim
- support group for people who have Sweating - Excessive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cellcept for a 21-year old woman with Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. The patient has Chills (felling of cold), Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating), Fever, Sleepiness (excess sleeping), Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Diarrhoea, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 33-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach. The patient has Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating)
- A study of drug interactions between Qsymia, Fetzima for a 46-year old man with Weight Loss, Depression. The patient has Tremor, Confusion, Dialated Pupils, Diaphoresis, Palpation, Insomnia, Hypertension
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 31-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Incontinence - Urinary (involuntary leakage of urine)
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 17-year old boy with Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Persistent Cloaca (complex anorectal and genitourinary malformation)
Recent Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.