Home > Sulfasalazine > Anterior uveitis > Sulfasalazine and Anterior uveitis
Review: could Sulfasalazine cause Anterior uveitis (Uveitis)?
We study 11,411 people who have side effects while taking Sulfasalazine from FDA and social media. Among them, 20 have Anterior uveitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Anterior uveitis and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Sulfasalazine and have Anterior uveitis >>>
Sulfasalazine (latest outcomes from 11,734 users) has active ingredients of sulfasalazine. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Anterior uveitis (inflammation of the middle layer of the eye, which includes the iris (coloured part of the eye) and adjacent tissue, known as the ciliary body) (latest reports from 18,533 patients) has been reported by people with ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis, macular degeneration, osteoporosis, uveitis.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 11,411 people reported to have side effects when taking Sulfasalazine. Among them, 20 people (0.18%) have Anterior Uveitis.
Time on Sulfasalazine when people have Anterior uveitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Anterior uveitis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Anterior uveitis when taking Sulfasalazine * :
|Anterior uveitis||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Anterior uveitis when taking Sulfasalazine * :
|Anterior uveitis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||62.50%||6.25%||18.75% |
Severity of Anterior uveitis when taking Sulfasalazine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Anterior uveitis||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Anterior uveitis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Anterior uveitis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (10 people, 50.00%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (4 people, 20.00%)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (1 people, 5.00%)
- Arthritis (1 people, 5.00%)
- Anaemia (1 people, 5.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (9 people, 45.00%)
- Humira (8 people, 40.00%)
- Enbrel (8 people, 40.00%)
- Folic acid (5 people, 25.00%)
- Arava (5 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anterior Uveitis while taking Sulfasalazine?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Sulfasalazine and have Anterior Uveitis
- support group for people who take Sulfasalazine
- support group for people who have Anterior Uveitis
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Sulfasalazine, Anterior uveitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Sulfasalazine and the never ending menstrual cycle
I started this drug and never had menstrual problems begore. Within 3 months, I started my period and it never stopped even with stopping the drug for 3 mon ths. I ended up going my gyne and he prescribed megace. I had been bleeding for a total of 6 months. Made an appt with my rhuemy and explai ...
More reviews for: Sulfasalazine, Anterior uveitis
On eHealthMe, Sulfasalazine (sulfasalazine) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Sulfasalazine is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Sulfasalazine used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
More related studies for: Sulfasalazine, Anterior uveitis
Recent Sulfasalazine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Allegra, Sulfasalazine for a 46-year old woman who has Allergy
- Comparions of Sulfasalazine, Lamictal for a 56-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Sulfadiazine, Azulfidine, Lialda, Colazal, Gleevec for a 62-year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis
- Comparions of Dapsone, Sulfasalazine for a 66-year old woman who has Gluten Intolerance
- Comparions of Balsalazide Disodium, Pentasa, Sulfasalazine for a 46-year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis
- Comparions of Sulfasalazine, Ibuprofen for a 44-year old woman who has Inflammation
- Comparions of Celebrex, Remicade, Sulfasalazine for a 48-year old man who has Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Sulfasalazine, Calcium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Tysabri for a 43-year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Azulfidine En-tabs, Imuran for a 78-year old man who has Crohn's Disease
- Comparions of Sulfasalazine, Crestor for a 55-year old man who has Cholestasis
More related comparison studies for: Sulfasalazine, Anterior uveitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.