Review: could Sulfasalazine cause Headache?
Summary: Headache is found among people who take Sulfasalazine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Enbrel, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 11,426 people who have side effects while taking Sulfasalazine from FDA and social media. Among them, 403 have Headache. Find out below who they are, when they have Headache and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Sulfasalazine and have Headache >>>
Sulfasalazine has active ingredients of sulfasalazine. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 11,754 Sulfasalazine users)
Headache (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 202,409 Headache patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 11,425 people reported to have side effects when taking Sulfasalazine. Among them, 485 people (4.25%) have Headache.
Time on Sulfasalazine when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headache when taking Sulfasalazine * :
Age of people who have Headache when taking Sulfasalazine * :
Severity of Headache when taking Sulfasalazine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (180 people, 37.11%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (44 people, 9.07%)
- Crohn's disease (42 people, 8.66%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (30 people, 6.19%)
- Hypertension (24 people, 4.95%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Enbrel (120 people, 24.74%)
- Humira (107 people, 22.06%)
- Prednisone (97 people, 20.00%)
- Methotrexate (89 people, 18.35%)
- Folic acid (75 people, 15.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Headache while taking Sulfasalazine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Sulfasalazine and have Headache
- support group for people who take Sulfasalazine
- support group for people who have Headache
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Buspar, Zantac 150, Synthroid, Gabapentin, Lexapro for a 54-year old woman with Depression, Gerd, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Fatigue, Nausea, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Adderall 20, Lyrica for a 53-year old woman with Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Vertigo, Itching, Burning Sensation, Nasal Dryness, Bursitis, Chest Pain, Restless Legs Syndrome, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Gain, Breathing-related Sleep Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Mouth Dry Aggravated, Eyes - Dry, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Weakness, Hands - Chapped And Dry, Glaucoma, Pain In Jaw, Headache, Pain - Eye, Vision Problems, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hair Loss, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zorvolex for a 21-year old woman with Ulcers, Headache. The patient has Headache
- A study of side effects of Tegretol for a 46-year old woman with Trigeminal Neuralgia. The patient has Headache (pain in head)
- A study of side effects of Seroquel Xr for a 41-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Sleepy, Abdominal Pain, Headache (pain in head)
Recent Sulfasalazine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Celebrex, Plaquenil, Sulfasalazine, Methotrexate for a 56-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Allegra, Sulfasalazine for a 46-year old woman who has Allergy
- Comparions of Sulfasalazine, Lamictal for a 56-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Sulfadiazine, Azulfidine, Lialda, Colazal, Gleevec for a 62-year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis
- Comparions of Dapsone, Sulfasalazine for a 66-year old woman who has Gluten Intolerance
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.