Review: could Sulfasalazine cause Swelling face?
Summary: Swelling face is found among people who take Sulfasalazine, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Humira, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 11,425 people who have side effects while taking Sulfasalazine from FDA and social media. Among them, 65 have Swelling face. Find out below who they are, when they have Swelling face and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Sulfasalazine and have Swelling face >>>
Sulfasalazine has active ingredients of sulfasalazine. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 11,754 Sulfasalazine users)
Swelling face has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 19,581 Swelling face patients)
On Mar, 11, 2015: 11,425 people reported to have side effects when taking Sulfasalazine. Among them, 65 people (0.57%) have Swelling Face.
Time on Sulfasalazine when people have Swelling face * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Swelling face||66.67%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Swelling face when taking Sulfasalazine * :
|Swelling face||68.66%||31.34% |
Age of people who have Swelling face when taking Sulfasalazine * :
|Swelling face||0.00%||0.00%||6.45%||4.84%||4.84%||30.65%||33.87%||19.35% |
Severity of Swelling face when taking Sulfasalazine ** :
How people recovered from Swelling face ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (24 people, 36.92%)
- Multiple myeloma (10 people, 15.38%)
- Crohn's disease (9 people, 13.85%)
- Colitis ulcerative (7 people, 10.77%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (7 people, 10.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Humira (22 people, 33.85%)
- Aspirin (16 people, 24.62%)
- Omeprazole (15 people, 23.08%)
- Calcium (14 people, 21.54%)
- Plaquenil (14 people, 21.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swelling Face while taking Sulfasalazine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Sulfasalazine and have Swelling Face
- support group for people who take Sulfasalazine
- support group for people who have Swelling Face
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin, Clonazepam, Alesse, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 26-year old woman with Pericoronitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Birth Control, Major Depression. The patient has Swollen Lymph Nodes, Fever, Swallowing Difficulty, Pericoronitis, Swelling Face
- A study of side effects of Sulfasalazine for a 66-year old woman with Lupus. The patient has Scales
- A study of side effects of Sulfasalazine for a 44-year old man with Reactive Arthritis. The patient has Pain - Joints
- A study of side effects of Sulfasalazine for a 41-year old woman with Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Ulcerative Colitis. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Anemia - Hemolytic (anaemia due to haemolysis, the abnormal breakdown of red blood cells (rbcs), either in the blood vessels (intravascular haemolysis) or elsewhere in the human body (extra vascular))
- A study of drug interactions between Bacillus Probiotics, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Evening Primrose Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Spironolactone, Prednisone, Adderall 15, Ambien Cr, Ms Contin, Oxycodone Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman with Acne Vulgaris / Pyoderma Faciale, Acne Vulgaris/ Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma Faciale / Acne Vulgaris, Acne Vulgaris Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma, Add, Benign Intracranial Hypertension. The patient has Dizziness Postural, Sleeplessness, Sweating - Excessive, Swelling Face, Headache, Overproduction Of Sebum, Heart Rate Increased, Flushing
Recent Sulfasalazine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Celebrex, Plaquenil, Sulfasalazine, Methotrexate for a 56-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Allegra, Sulfasalazine for a 46-year old woman who has Allergy
- Comparions of Sulfasalazine, Lamictal for a 56-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Sulfadiazine, Azulfidine, Lialda, Colazal, Gleevec for a 62-year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis
- Comparions of Dapsone, Sulfasalazine for a 66-year old woman who has Gluten Intolerance
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.