Review: could Sulfasalazine cause Swelling face?
Summary: Swelling face is found among people who take Sulfasalazine, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Humira, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 11,413 people who have side effects while taking Sulfasalazine from FDA and social media. Among them, 65 have Swelling face. Find out below who they are, when they have Swelling face and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Sulfasalazine and have Swelling face >>>
Sulfasalazine has active ingredients of sulfasalazine. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (view latest outcomes from 11,744 users)
Swelling face has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, pain, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Swelling face 19,511 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 11,413 people reported to have side effects when taking Sulfasalazine. Among them, 65 people (0.57%) have Swelling Face.
Time on Sulfasalazine when people have Swelling face * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Swelling face||66.67%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Swelling face when taking Sulfasalazine * :
|Swelling face||68.66%||31.34% |
Age of people who have Swelling face when taking Sulfasalazine * :
|Swelling face||0.00%||0.00%||6.45%||4.84%||4.84%||30.65%||33.87%||19.35% |
Severity of Swelling face when taking Sulfasalazine ** :
How people recovered from Swelling face ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (24 people, 36.92%)
- Multiple myeloma (10 people, 15.38%)
- Crohn's disease (9 people, 13.85%)
- Colitis ulcerative (7 people, 10.77%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (7 people, 10.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Humira (22 people, 33.85%)
- Aspirin (16 people, 24.62%)
- Omeprazole (15 people, 23.08%)
- Calcium (14 people, 21.54%)
- Plaquenil (14 people, 21.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swelling Face while taking Sulfasalazine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Sulfasalazine and have Swelling Face
- support group for people who take Sulfasalazine
- support group for people who have Swelling Face
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Sulfasalazine)
I began taking sulfasalazine 5 days ago for Rheumatoid arthritis. Since then I've had stomach cramps and bloating. Has anyone else experienced these side effects? If so, did the symptoms go away after using taking the meds for a while? And did the meds help the RA symptoms?
- Which drug seems more effective for ra pain?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, and takes Sulfasalazine, Celebrex, Cymbalta)
Severe RA - taking sulfasalazine, but extreme fatigue. Good pain relief with celebrax and cymbalta. Taking prednisone for 6 months, tapering to half a tablet for one month. My concerns are swollen eyelids and hair loss. Anyone know if swelling, especially bad when waking in morning is typical for my ...
- Does sulfasalazine make you gain weight
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Arthritis - Rheumatoid, and takes Sulfasalazine)
I have steadily gained weight while on this drug has anybody had the same weight gain I do not eat much at all and average activeness nothing different in this since starting the tablets very confused.
- a month after having a lymph node removed for mycobacterium avium complex, my daughter got a rash that stings around the area, what is this rash and why?
(Asked by a 3 year old girl who has Skin Discoloration - Bluish, Swelling Face, Rash)
My daughter has antibacterial vacuum complex. She is only 3, in April she had the affected lymph node removed. Yesterday a rash covered the affected area and she's complaint the rash hurt. I don't know what it could be, she's not on any meds, and she just went to the doctor on Friday everything was ...
- The last 3 years i have been experiences excessive sweating when doing minor things. this is new for me. i have a history of crohn's disease and have developed arthritis the last 4 years.
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Arhtritis, Crohn's Disease, Sweating - Excessive, and takes Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Sulfasalazine, Effexor, Atenolol, Folic Acid, Diphenoxylate Hydrochloride W/ Atropine Sulfate, Methotrexate, Omeprazole, Celebrex)
I have dealt with Crohn's disease for 40 years. I've had several bowel resections, and live with diarrhea. Within the last 5 years I developed severe arthritis in my feet. The doctors felt everything is auto-immune related. I had the bone in both feet fused to lessen the pain. For the past 4 years I ...
More questions for: Sulfasalazine, Swelling face
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Sulfasalazine and the never ending menstrual cycle
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Arthritis - Rheumatoid, and takes Sulfasalazine)
I started this drug and never had menstrual problems begore. Within 3 months, I started my period and it never stopped even with stopping the drug for 3 mon ths. I ended up going my gyne and he prescribed megace. I had been bleeding for a total of 6 months. Made an appt with my rhuemy and explai ...
More reviews for: Sulfasalazine, Swelling face
- A study of side effects of Sulfasalazine for a patient with Spondyloarthropathy. The patient has Bone And Joint Pain
Comments: I have been on this medication for6 months with 80mg of cortisteroids 2injections in that time which helped get me over a bad patch but they only last 6to 8 weeks, I'm at the 6week point again but you can only have3per year, so struggling david
- A study of drug interactions between Sulfasalazine, Omeprazole Magnesium, Vyvanse for a patient with Aches - Leg, Reflux Gastritis, Add. The patient has Belly Ache, Muscle Aches
Comments: started vyvasnse last spring, started to get bizarre body aches and burning in ribs and back. All blood work comes back ok. I took myself off vyvanse in beginning for two weeks with no improvement so i went back on....
- A study of drug interactions between Sulfasalazine, Clonidine, Actemra, Arava for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Blood Pressure. The patient has Many Sores On Face And In Nose, Bleeding From Ear, Back Of Head And Neck Looked Like It Had Been Shreeded
Comments: The resulting cause of the ulcerations is a large amount of fluid under the skin. This fluid creates enough pressure that it has to be expressed whenever you can't stand the pain anymore. The fluid is clear and dries yellow. It appears that it also has crystals when dried.
The reaction of thes ...
- A study of side effects of Sulfasalazine for a patient with Arthritis. The patient has Nipple Problems
Comments: About two years after starting this medication I was diagnosed with Anti-phospholipid Syndrome. Recently, after five years on Sulfasalazine I developed Avascular Necrosis in the femur of my right hip bone and I have to have total hip replacement surgery. I believe there is a connection between the m ...
- A study of drug interactions between Sulfasalazine, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a patient with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis. The patient has Hyperactivity
Comments: Our 6 year old was diagnosed 4 years ago, polyarticular JRA. She did about 1 year of sulfasalazine combined with prednisone. Then the next year was prednisone and methotrexate. We came of off prednisone in March and remain on 7.5mg of methotrexate once a week.
She is extremely hyper. She NEVE ...
More related studies for: Sulfasalazine, Swelling face
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.