Home > Sumatriptan succinate > Neck stiffness > Sumatriptan succinate and Neck stiffness
Review: could Sumatriptan succinate cause Neck stiffness (Neck pain)?
Summary: Neck stiffness is found among people who take Sumatriptan succinate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Ambien, and have Migraine.
We study 2,250 people who have side effects while taking Sumatriptan succinate from FDA and social media. Among them, 30 have Neck stiffness. Find out below who they are, when they have Neck stiffness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Sumatriptan succinate and have Neck stiffness >>>
Sumatriptan succinate (latest outcomes from 2,450 users) has active ingredients of sumatriptan succinate. It is often used in migraine.
Neck stiffness (latest reports from 173,505 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 2,250 people reported to have side effects when taking Sumatriptan succinate. Among them, 30 people (1.33%) have Neck Stiffness.
Time on Sumatriptan succinate when people have Neck stiffness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Neck stiffness||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Neck stiffness when taking Sumatriptan succinate * :
|Neck stiffness||92.59%||7.41% |
Age of people who have Neck stiffness when taking Sumatriptan succinate * :
|Neck stiffness||0.00%||0.00%||13.64%||13.64%||0.00%||27.27%||31.82%||13.64% |
Severity of Neck stiffness when taking Sumatriptan succinate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Neck stiffness||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Neck stiffness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Migraine (17 people, 56.67%)
- Contraception (4 people, 13.33%)
- Fibromyalgia (3 people, 10.00%)
- Osteopenia (2 people, 6.67%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (8 people, 26.67%)
- Claritin (7 people, 23.33%)
- Pravachol (5 people, 16.67%)
- Celexa (5 people, 16.67%)
- Atenolol (5 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Neck Stiffness while taking Sumatriptan Succinate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Sumatriptan succinate and have Neck Stiffness
- support group for people who take Sumatriptan succinate
- support group for people who have Neck Stiffness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How many days in a row can you safely take imitrex?
(Asked by a 37 year old man who has Sunct Syndrome, and takes Imitrex)
I have SUNCT Syndrome attacks daily for 2-6 weeks, then they go into remission for 5-16 mos. During the attacks I take nasal Imitrex as a rescue. No more than 40mg/day, but how many days in a row can I take it? It's the only thing that helps and a 15 minute attack is way better than a 6 hour attack. ...
- How long after stopping crestor did the vertigo stop?
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Vertigo, Confusion, Loss Of Memory, Fatigue, and takes Folic Acid, Imitrex, Cialis, Omeprazole, Aspirin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Crestor)
Took Crestor (5 mg every other day as a beginning dose) for two months when symptoms began. Doctor thought it was an inner ear infection and sent me to an ENT doc. He ordered a brain scan which was OK. Vertigo was never mentioned by any of my doctors as a potential cause of the vertigo and other sym ...
- Reoccurring ovarian remnants? is there another answer?
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Ovarian Remnant Syndrome, and takes Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Imitrex)
Besides depot Lupron, has anyone has relief from recurring cysts and endometriosis from ovarian remnant syndrome? I have had 7 surgeries trying to remove these elusive remnants. Needless to say I am not excited to do more surgery and no doctor wants to either. In the past depot Lupron has had more s ...
- How often is parkinson's disease confused with chronic lyme diseasse?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Stress And Anxiety, Muscular-Skeletal Pain, Mononucleosis, Rash Around Tic-bite, Circular Ring On Skin, Tick Bite, ADD, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Depression - Chronic, Lifelong Migraines, Lifelong Cognition Problems, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Imitrex, Paxil, Sinemet)
Back in the early 1950s I had the joy and privilege of spending a couple of summers on Cape Cod. As a kid, a lot of that time was spent playing in the grove of poplar trees and bramble behind the house. I clearly remember numerous buried tics, some of which resulted in a circular ring around the t ...
- Should a person with the history of itp take the drug meloxicam
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who takes Lithium Carbonate, Lorazepam, Simvastatin, Sumatriptan, Meloxicam)
I am the one in the books on the study of ITP. in 1976 I had my spleen removed as the result of the disease. at that time I was 16. now I am 54 and scarred that if I take any kind of blood thinner this may cause the disease to return. Should I be taking Meloxicam with it being somewhat of a blood ...
More questions for: Sumatriptan succinate, Neck stiffness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Imetrix verses butalb/acet/caffeine
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Migraines, and takes Imitrex)
I have taken both Imitrex and Butalb/acet/caffeine and I have to say that Imitrex works far better than the other one! The substitute I was given for Imitrex doesn't even touch my migraine pain.
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Eczema, and takes Imitrex, Westcort, Kenalog, Garcinia Cambogia, Singulair, Ultracet, Baclofen, Percocet, Naproxen, Topamax, Lamotrigine, Seroquel, Microgestin Fe 1/20)
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cet ...
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has GI Disorders, Cognitive Deterioration, Migraine With Aura, Neck Pain, Fibromyalgia, CFS, and takes Chantix, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Black Cohosh, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Xanax, Topamax, Ambien, Armour Thyroid, Ms Contin, Fentanyl-25)
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Methotrexate, Plaquenil, Metformin, Klonopin, Zanaflex, Prednisone, Singulair, Imitrex, Nexium)
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
More reviews for: Sumatriptan succinate, Neck stiffness
- A study of side effects of Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Edema Of Lower Extremities, Neck Pain, Mania Aggravated (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood), Hallucinations, Mixed (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind -mixed)
Comments: I am a 61 year old female, who, after taking DESYREL / TRAZADONE 100mg per day, for 19 days, (Oct 25-Nov 13, 2014), developed a complete psychosis and was institutionalized for 4 days. I had awoken at 1am, Friday November 14, 2014 and was acting and feeling very strange, upon which my husband wisely ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Imitrex, Maxalt, Topiramate, Namenda, Namenda Xr for a patient with Acoustic Neuroma, Complicated Migraine. The patient has Postoperative Dizziness, Nausea Postoperative, Headache Postoperative
Comments: I have been taking Namenda 20mg per day for about 10 months now for pain management of postoperative headache (I am extremely sound and motion sensitive after brain surgery to remove an Acoustic Neuroma). At first it was difficult to maintain clear speech and think clearly, but after about 6-7 mont ...
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Shoulder Pain, Neck Pain, Back Pain
Comments: My daughter is 15 years old and woke up on March 28, 2013 with terrible back pain. There were no injuries or accidents to explain this. She had never suffered with pain like this before and it literally happened overnight! It has been 74 days now. Her doctor increased her prozac from 20 to 30 mg ...
- A study of drug interactions between Coreg, Aspirin, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Sr, Celexa, Lasix, Plavix, Lantus, Humalog, Norco, Lipitor for a patient with Coronary Artery Disease, Hypertension, Depression, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes Mellitus, Pain Management, Cholesterol Test. The patient has Chest Pain, Neck Pain, Back Pain, Vision Blurred, Sinusitis, Heart Rate Irregular, Restless Leg Syndrome, Muscle Fatigue
Comments: 44 y/o female, type 1 diabetes 38 years, 2 heart attacks, 4 stents, congestive heart failure, renal failure. Was put on statin drugs approx. 6 years ago after first MI. Didn't feel good, felt better after I quit taking them. In January, had another MI, with stent intervention. Approximately 8 we ...
- A study of side effects of Sumatriptan for a patient with Headache. The patient has Oxycodone
Comments: I usually take oxycodone/apap for the headaches and someone suggested sumatriptan for the migraines too. They didn't seem to be very effective so I took a combination of 25mg sumatriptan and 15mg oxycodone/apap. gets me sleepy, my headache is gone and I hope that wasn't an extraordinary thing to do ...
More related studies for: Sumatriptan succinate, Neck stiffness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Xarelto and Muscle Pain
- Methimazole and Thrombophlebitis
- Zyprexa and Infertility
- Biotin and Vaginal Discharge
- Gynaecomastia and Atenolol
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (1 hour ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (6 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (7 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (2 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (6 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pantoprazole, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Opana Er, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Augmentin '875' for a 57-year old man who has Heartburn, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety And Stress, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain, Surgery (26 minutes ago)
- Tylenol W/ Codeine for a 25-year old woman who has TMD (1 hour ago)
- Citalopram Hydrobromide, Ativan, Budesonide for a 56-year old woman who has Anxiety, Colitis Microscopic (2 hours ago)