Review: could Sumatriptan succinate cause Neck stiffness (Neck pain)?
Summary: Neck stiffness is found among people who take Sumatriptan succinate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Ambien, and have Migraine.
We study 2,252 people who have side effects while taking Sumatriptan succinate from FDA and social media. Among them, 30 have Neck stiffness. Find out below who they are, when they have Neck stiffness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Sumatriptan succinate and have Neck stiffness >>>
Sumatriptan succinate has active ingredients of sumatriptan succinate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 2,452 Sumatriptan succinate users)
Neck stiffness has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 24,453 Neck stiffness patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 2,252 people reported to have side effects when taking Sumatriptan succinate. Among them, 31 people (1.38%) have Neck Stiffness.
Time on Sumatriptan succinate when people have Neck stiffness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Neck stiffness||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Neck stiffness when taking Sumatriptan succinate * :
|Neck stiffness||89.29%||10.71% |
Age of people who have Neck stiffness when taking Sumatriptan succinate * :
|Neck stiffness||0.00%||0.00%||13.04%||13.04%||0.00%||30.43%||30.43%||13.04% |
Severity of Neck stiffness when taking Sumatriptan succinate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Neck stiffness||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Neck stiffness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Neck stiffness||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Migraine (18 people, 58.06%)
- Contraception (4 people, 12.90%)
- Depression (3 people, 9.68%)
- Fibromyalgia (3 people, 9.68%)
- Osteopenia (2 people, 6.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (8 people, 25.81%)
- Claritin (7 people, 22.58%)
- Gabapentin (5 people, 16.13%)
- Celexa (5 people, 16.13%)
- Neurontin (5 people, 16.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Sumatriptan succinate and neck stiffness on
Do you have Neck Stiffness while taking Sumatriptan Succinate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Sumatriptan succinate and have Neck Stiffness
- support group for people who take Sumatriptan succinate
- support group for people who have Neck Stiffness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Estradiol, Elavil, Imitrex for a 55-year old woman with Weakness, Pain - Back, Migraine. The patient has Ocular Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Sertraline, Promethazine, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tri-sprintec, Vyvanse, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder, Depression, Nausea, Acne And Teenagers, Adhd, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Insomnia, Nausea, Fatigue - Chronic, Neck Pain, Back Pain, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Imitrex, Wellbutrin Xl, Topamax, Metoprolol Succinate, Xanax, Xarelto for a 52-year old woman with Migraine With Aura, Depression, Supraventricular Tachycardia, Anxiety, Pulmonary Thrombosis. The patient has Headache
- A study of side effects of Phendimetrazine Tartrate for a 47-year old woman with Weight Loss. The patient has Neck Pain
- A study of side effects of Adderall for a 44-year old woman with Narcolepsy. The patient has Neck Stiffness, Sneezing, Runny Nose (discharge from nose), High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Hypertension - Renovascular (high blood pressure caused by the kidneys hormonal response to narrowing of the arteries supplying the kidneys), Tension Headaches
Recent Sumatriptan succinate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Relpax, Maxalt, Sumatriptan, Zomig for a 36-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Nicotine, Nadolol, Concerta, Imitrex, Topamax for a 20-year old man who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Sumatriptan, Phenytoin for a 34-year old man who has Myotonia
- Comparions of Lipitor, Ambien, Imitrex, Keppra Xr for a 45-year old woman who has Seizure - Grand Mal
- Comparions of Naproxen, Sumatriptan, Phentermine for a 23-year old woman who has Mood Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.