Review: could Sutent cause Hypothyroidism?
Summary: Hypothyroidism is found among people who take Sutent, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Renal cell carcinoma.
We study 16,282 people who have side effects while taking Sutent from FDA and social media. Among them, 296 have Hypothyroidism. Find out below who they are, when they have Hypothyroidism and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Sutent and have Hypothyroidism >>>
Sutent has active ingredients of sunitinib malate. It is often used in renal cell carcinoma. (latest outcomes from 16,382 Sutent users)
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 49,666 Hypothyroidism patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 16,282 people reported to have side effects when taking Sutent. Among them, 296 people (1.82%) have Hypothyroidism.
Time on Sutent when people have Hypothyroidism * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hypothyroidism when taking Sutent * :
Age of people who have Hypothyroidism when taking Sutent * :
Severity of Hypothyroidism when taking Sutent ** :
How people recovered from Hypothyroidism ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Renal cell carcinoma (89 people, 30.07%)
- Metastatic renal cell carcinoma (74 people, 25.00%)
- Renal cancer (40 people, 13.51%)
- Depression (37 people, 12.50%)
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumour (35 people, 11.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (44 people, 14.86%)
- Omeprazole (42 people, 14.19%)
- Acetaminophen (41 people, 13.85%)
- Aspirin (40 people, 13.51%)
- Synthroid (37 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of sutent and hypothyroidism on
Do you have Hypothyroidism while taking Sutent?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Sutent and have Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who take Sutent
- support group for people who have Hypothyroidism
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of NyQuil for a 46-year old woman with Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development)
- A study of drug interactions between Senna, Levothyroxine Sodium, Paxil Cr, Oxycodone, Omeprazole for a 44-year old woman with Constipation, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety Disorder, Degenerative Joint Disease, Gerd. The patient has Hypothyroidism, Swollen Eye Or Conjunctiva, Swollen Eyelid, Swollen Lymph Nodes, Gerd
- A study of side effects of Sulfasalazine for a 41-year old woman with Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Ulcerative Colitis. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Anemia - Hemolytic (anaemia due to haemolysis, the abnormal breakdown of red blood cells (rbcs), either in the blood vessels (intravascular haemolysis) or elsewhere in the human body (extra vascular))
- A study of drug interactions between Ramipril, Lansoprazole, Pregabalin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Morphine Sulfate for a 43-year old woman with Hypertension, Gerd, Back Pain, Hypothyroidism, Pain - Back. The patient has Gastric Disorder, Hypothyroidism, Hypertension, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Eosinophil Count Increased, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Amphetamine Salt Combo, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 55-year old woman with Hypersomnia - Idiopathic, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Hypersomnia - Idiopathic, Hypothyroidism
Recent Sutent related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.