Review: could Symbicort cause Headaches?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 11, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.4/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 20,737 people who take Symbicort. Among them, 700 have Headaches. See who they are, when they have Headaches and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Symbicort (latest outcomes from 21,330 users) has active ingredients of budesonide; formoterol fumarate dihydrate. It is often used in asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Commonly reported side effects of Symbicort include breathing difficulty, dyspnoea exacerbated, asthma, asthma aggravated, pneumonia.
Headaches (pain in head) (latest reports from 1,173,760 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Mar, 11, 2014: 20,737 people reported to have side effects when taking Symbicort. Among them, 700 people (3.38%) have Headaches. They amount to 0.06% of all the 1,173,989 people who have Headaches.
Time on Symbicort when people have Headaches * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headaches when taking Symbicort * :
Age of people who have Headaches when taking Symbicort * :
Severity of Headaches when taking Symbicort ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headaches ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (290 people, 41.43%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (129 people, 18.43%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (57 people, 8.14%)
- Hypertension (52 people, 7.43%)
- Emphysema (30 people, 4.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (129 people, 18.43%)
- Singulair (115 people, 16.43%)
- Albuterol (105 people, 15.00%)
- Spiriva (104 people, 14.86%)
- Xolair (102 people, 14.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Symbicort, Headaches
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Symbicort (budesonide; formoterol fumarate dihydrate) is often used for asthma. Find out below the conditions Symbicort is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Symbicort used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Symbicort side effects from A to Z:
Browse Symbicort drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneumothorax, whooping cough, and severe allergic reactions.
From this study (10 months ago):
I believe the Gabapentin is causing headaches.
From this study (5 years ago):
take symbicort in evening and headache comes after taking rabeprazole next morning
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Is it safe to take methadone(52mg daily), metoprolol extended release(75mg daily) & xanax(1mg twice daily)
I'm just wanting to know if its safe to take all 3. I've been on methadone for 7yrs and about a yr ago i started tapering and started at 130mg, but am now at 52mg. I've been on the Metoprolol(extended release) for about a yr now taking 50mg in AM, and 25mg in PM. I just started taking the Xanax abo ...
- Side effects from symbicort
chest discomfort and some lightheadesness between 1-3pm just about everyday, I take symbicort at 7am and 5pm everyday
- My ige in november was 1712, i have been diagnosed with late onset asthma, i get breathless at the slightest exertion e.g. waking to bathroom and back into bed; my iron levels are low
I have late onset asthma, told two weeks ago that my iron levels are low, IgE of 1712 (Nov 2013), get breathless with little exertion (e.g. going to toilet and back into bed), I lose concentration easily. In August 2013 I lost my sense of smell, but I have been checked by ENT - no blockages. So what ...
More questions for: Symbicort, Headaches
More reviews for: Symbicort, Headaches
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Retin-a, Silver, Nystatin, Clobetasol Propionate, Vanos, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Cardizem, Prednisone, Restasis, Lidocaine, Zyrtec, Flonase, Ipratropium Bromide, Xopenex HFA, Xopenex, Fioricet, Relpax, Botox, Lidoderm, Baclofen, Lansoprazole, Advair Diskus 500/50, Symbicort, Singulair, Oxycodone, Enbrel, Aygestin for a patient with Acne, Wound, Thrush, Eczema, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Rheumatic Heart Disease, Dry Eye, Cervical Spondylosis, Allergies, Rhinitis Allergic, Asthma, Migraine With Aura, Musculoskeletal Pain, Muscle Spasms, Gerd, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Endometriosis. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased, Urine Output, Constipation, Shoulder Impingement Syndrome (Rotator cuff tendinitis), Frozen Shoulder, Early Morning Awakening, Palpitations Aggravated (Heart palpitations), Sleepy (Drowsiness), Sleep Paralysis - Isolated (Isolated sleep paralysis), Confusion, Sensitivity To The Cold (Cold intolerance), Drowsiness, Muscle Fatigue (Weakness), Cramps - Muscle (Muscle cramps), Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches), Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Eye Pain, Vision Blurred, Night Sweats, Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Joint Warmth, Pain - Neck (Neck pain), Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased, Increased Intracranial Pressure, Headache, Heart Rate Increased, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure)
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Meloxicam, Simvastatin, Furosemide, Lansoprazole, Montelukast Sodium, Symbicort, Ventolin Hfa, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metformin, Baclofen, Glipizide, Gabapentin for a patient with Pain, Asthma Nos, Osteoarthritis, Cholesterol, Fluid Retention, Reflux Gastritis, Asthma, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes Mellitus, Muscle Spams, Allergy Prophylaxis, Bipolar 1. The patient has Frequent Headaches (Headache)
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Rabeprazole Sodium for a patient with Asthma, Acid Reflux. The patient has Headache
More related studies for: Symbicort, Headaches
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.