Review: could Symbicort cause Withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Symbicort, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Nexium, and have Blood cholesterol increased.
We study 20,841 people who have side effects while taking Symbicort from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have Withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Symbicort and have Withdrawal syndrome >>>
Symbicort has active ingredients of budesonide; formoterol fumarate dihydrate. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Symbicort 21,439 users)
Withdrawal syndrome (a discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms occurred due to discontinuation of substance) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, muscle spasticity, back pain.(latest reports from Withdrawal syndrome 9,186 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 20,834 people reported to have side effects when taking Symbicort. Among them, 22 people (0.11%) have Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Symbicort when people have Withdrawal syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Symbicort * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||82.61%||17.39% |
Age of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Symbicort * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||5.00%||0.00%||5.00%||35.00%||5.00%||50.00% |
Severity of Withdrawal syndrome when taking Symbicort ** :
How people recovered from Withdrawal syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (9 people, 40.91%)
- Asthma (8 people, 36.36%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (7 people, 31.82%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (7 people, 31.82%)
- Pain (6 people, 27.27%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (9 people, 40.91%)
- Crestor (6 people, 27.27%)
- Lisinopril (6 people, 27.27%)
- Seroquel (5 people, 22.73%)
- Aspirin (5 people, 22.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Symbicort?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Symbicort and have Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Symbicort
- support group for people who have Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Am taking symbicort for copd, woke up with sinus discomfort, can i use fluticasone nasal spray (1 answer)
Developing sinus infection. Can I use fluticasone nasal spray
- How do you deal with constipation from symbicort
only started after using inhaler tube, was on flovent prior to this. helps breathing but clearly not bowels. doctor says it cannot be due to symbicort but it is only new med.anyone else? how did you stop it?
- Does symbicort cause shingles?
Chronic cough with wheezing, shortness of breath, and severe siniusitis got antibiotics and symbicort ended up with shingles
- Side effects from symbicort
chest discomfort and some lightheadesness between 1-3pm just about everyday, I take symbicort at 7am and 5pm everyday
- My ige in november was 1712, i have been diagnosed with late onset asthma, i get breathless at the slightest exertion e.g. waking to bathroom and back into bed; my iron levels are low (1 answer)
I have late onset asthma, told two weeks ago that my iron levels are low, IgE of 1712 (Nov 2013), get breathless with little exertion (e.g. going to toilet and back into bed), I lose concentration easily. In August 2013 I lost my sense of smell, but I have been checked by ENT - no blockages. So what is the problem with me
More questions for: Symbicort, Withdrawal syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first normal bowel movement in over 2 years. Stomach so damaged by Lorazepam that I have absolutely no appetite. I force myself to eat. Neuropathy in hands nearly gone. Feet are better but slower. Lymphedema that appeared after one year on Lorazepam is now gone. I have full range of motion.
More reviews for: Symbicort, Withdrawal syndrome
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have severe swelling of the legs thighs all the way up to my groin which is also swelled up. I have been to the hospital twice to get fluids off but it does not seem to help a lot. I am taking a diuretic 20mg twice a day. The swelling seems to go down while I am sleeping but comes right back durin ...
- Recurrent episodes, usually commencing evening or overnight approx. 3-4 weeks apart since winter started. Approx 6 episodes in total to date. Initially attributed to heating (dry air) evenings during winter, but now spring and no heating on for weeks. Last night bleeding occurred while asleep. No hy ...
- i have noticed very poor concentration and over the top memory loss in the past few months. i was cooking yesterday and forgot and almost burned my house down. i recently started the symbicort twice in the morning and twice in the evening for mild copd and bronchicial issues.
- Do either spiriva or symbicort cause diahria, urinary problems or loss of calcium in bones or teeth?
If so, how to prevent reaction.
If so, is it worth the trade off for an 84 year old to use these drugs?
- Atelectasis (middle lobe) discovered on X-ray, have always been a controlled asthmatic bit for past 2 months tight chest, go treated for chondritis but still having the tightness with increased asthma. Am using celestamine which has had a moderate effect. What should I do?
More related studies for: Symbicort, Withdrawal syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.