Synthroid and A-fib - from FDA reports
A-fib is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 10+ years, also take medication Lasix, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have A-fib with Synthroid. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 140,558 people who have side effects when taking Synthroid from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
140,558 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid.
Among them, 2,305 people (1.64%) have A-fib
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Synthroid when people have A-fib *:
- < 1 month: 20.51 %
- 1 - 6 months: 17.95 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.69 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.69 %
- 2 - 5 years: 7.69 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.69 %
- 10+ years: 30.77 %
Gender of people who have A-fib when taking Synthroid *:
- female: 74.38 %
- male: 25.62 %
Age of people who have A-fib when taking Synthroid *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.15 %
- 20-29: 0.51 %
- 30-39: 1.13 %
- 40-49: 3.43 %
- 50-59: 15.43 %
- 60+: 79.34 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (190 people, 8.24%)
- Osteoporosis (156 people, 6.77%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (128 people, 5.55%)
- Multiple Myeloma (109 people, 4.73%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (103 people, 4.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (563 people, 24.43%)
- Coumadin (548 people, 23.77%)
- Aspirin (388 people, 16.83%)
- Digoxin (351 people, 15.23%)
- Lipitor (302 people, 13.10%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (464 people, 20.13%)
- Breathing Difficulty (378 people, 16.40%)
- Weakness (376 people, 16.31%)
- High Blood Pressure (358 people, 15.53%)
- Fatigue (344 people, 14.92%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have A-fib when taking Synthroid?
- Check symptoms - is a-fib caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsA-fib and drugs with ingredients of levothyroxine sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeA-fib and Synthroid from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Synthroid 149,659 users)
A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, diabetes, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 181,335 A-fib patients).
Browse all side effects of Synthroida b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with A-fibA-fib
Could your condition cause A-fibA-fib
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I'm having an MRI for my lower back and am claustrophobic. My doc prescribed me 3 x 1 mg tablets of Lorazepam to be taken one a day starting two days before. That sounds like a recipe for not getting any work done, so I googled and found they recommend one tab 1 to 2 hours before and a second ...
Has anyone booked good results in using Taurine and L Argine or other supplements in conquering Afib or/and PVC's? I'm recovering from Ablation a view months ago and still have a lots of PVC's and read a lot about these supplements. henk
I have been taking Eliquis for Afib for about 2 years. My hair is falling out and I thought it was due to my age 78. The receptionist at my interns office suggested Biotin. Going to give this a try after I check with my Cardiologist that it will be alright with the medications I am on. Looking ...
User reviews to the study
I have had prostate cancer since 2008 and use various Chinese herbs and CF IP6 & Inositol. Now I find out that I have hypothyroidism - and probably have had it for decades! I am taking levothyroxine .075mg. Internet re thyroid warns against green vegetables, etc, and internet re prostate ...
Hi there, thank you for letting me join this group. I have had a-fib for 20 years. I'm thinking of starting Sam-e for depression, and am interested in the effects it has on a-fib, and the associated drugs. Thanks! Sue