Review: could Synthroid cause Autoimmune disorder?
Summary: Autoimmune disorder is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Lipitor, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 88,973 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 66 have Autoimmune disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Autoimmune disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Synthroid and have Autoimmune disorder >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,823 Synthroid users)
Autoimmune disorder (a condition in which the immune system attacks the body's normal substances and tissue) has been reported by people with acne, hepatitis c, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 2,909 Autoimmune disorder patients)
On Feb, 25, 2015: 88,973 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 66 people (0.07%) have Autoimmune Disorder.
Time on Synthroid when people have Autoimmune disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Autoimmune disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Gender of people who have Autoimmune disorder when taking Synthroid * :
|Autoimmune disorder||97.06%||2.94% |
Age of people who have Autoimmune disorder when taking Synthroid * :
|Autoimmune disorder||0.00%||0.00%||1.72%||0.00%||13.79%||18.97%||20.69%||44.83% |
Severity of Autoimmune disorder when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Autoimmune disorder||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Autoimmune disorder ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Autoimmune disorder||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (10 people, 15.15%)
- Depression (7 people, 10.61%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (6 people, 9.09%)
- Osteoporosis (5 people, 7.58%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (3 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (11 people, 16.67%)
- Aspirin (10 people, 15.15%)
- Lasix (7 people, 10.61%)
- Neurontin (7 people, 10.61%)
- Nexium (6 people, 9.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of synthroid and autoimmune disorder on
Do you have Autoimmune Disorder while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Autoimmune Disorder
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Autoimmune disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fludrocortisone Acetate, Gabapentin, Lorazepam, Hydrocortisone, Norco, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Succinate, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 43-year old woman with C4 Level, Addison's Disease, Pain, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Tachycardia, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Lactation - Abnormal
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 46-year old woman with Thyroid Disorder. The patient has Asthma
- A study of drug interactions between Ondansetron Hydrochloride And Dextrose In Plastic Container, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Multivitamin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Probiotic, Dexilant for a 40-year old woman with Nausea, Tension Headache, Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Hypothyroidism, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Gerd. The patient has Yeast Infection - Vagina
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 28-year old woman with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Change In Appetite, Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood), Change In Mentrual Cycle, Headache (pain in head), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Anxiety
- A study of drug interactions between Dulera, Ventolin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Effexor Xr, Vyvanse for a 38-year old woman with Asthma, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety, Add. The patient has Urniating Frequently, Itchy Skin, Sore Throat, Back Pain - Low, Swollen Lymph Nodes
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Synthroid for a 45-year old woman who has Antiinflammatory Therapy
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Omeprazole Magnesium, Synthroid for a 40-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
- Comparions of MSM, Neurontin, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 50-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.