Review: could Synthroid cause Bone decalcification?
Summary: Bone decalcification is reported only by a few people who take Synthroid.
We study 88,994 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Bone decalcification. Find out below who they are, when they have Bone decalcification and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Synthroid and have Bone decalcification >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,849 Synthroid users)
Bone decalcification has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, pain, psoriasis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 43 Bone decalcification patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 88,973 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 3 people (0.00%) have Bone Decalcification.
Time on Synthroid when people have Bone decalcification * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bone decalcification||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Gender of people who have Bone decalcification when taking Synthroid * :
|Bone decalcification||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Bone decalcification when taking Synthroid * :
|Bone decalcification||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67% |
Severity of Bone decalcification when taking Synthroid ** :
How people recovered from Bone decalcification ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Neuroendocrine tumour (1 people, 33.33%)
- Bone disorder (1 people, 33.33%)
- Autoimmune thyroiditis (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Sandostatin lar (1 people, 33.33%)
- Morphine (1 people, 33.33%)
- Perindopril erbumine (1 people, 33.33%)
- Complete vitamin b supplement (1 people, 33.33%)
- Multi-vitamin (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of synthroid and bone decalcification on
Do you have Bone Decalcification while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Bone Decalcification
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Bone Decalcification
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Thyroid, Premarin for a 70-year old woman with Overactive Thyroid, Post Menopause. The patient has Overactive Bladder
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Methylprednisolone, Cellcept, Propranolol Hydrochloride for a 70-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Vasculitis, Heart Arrythmia. The patient has Adrenaline Surges With High Bp, Heart Arrythmias - Increase
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 25-year old woman with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Keloid Scar (overgrown scars left from skin injuries)
- A study of side effects of Synthroid for a 51-year old woman with Thyroidectomy. The patient has Toothaches (tooth pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid, Cymbalta, Glumetza for a 60-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Thyroid Cancer - Papillary Carcinoma, Pain - Back, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Insomnia, Hip Pain, Back Pain
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lyrica, Flexeril, Adderall 10, Levothyroxine Sodium, Norco for a 39-year old woman who has Cervical Spinal Stenosis
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Synthroid for a 45-year old woman who has Antiinflammatory Therapy
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Omeprazole Magnesium, Synthroid for a 40-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.