Review: could Synthroid cause Burning sensation?
Summary: Burning sensation is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 89,006 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 755 have Burning sensation. Find out below who they are, when they have Burning sensation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Synthroid and have Burning sensation >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,853 Synthroid users)
Burning sensation has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 23,254 Burning sensation patients)
On Apr, 4, 2015: 88,994 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 755 people (0.85%) have Burning Sensation.
Time on Synthroid when people have Burning sensation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Burning sensation||53.85%||11.54%||11.54%||7.69%||0.00%||0.00%||15.38% |
Gender of people who have Burning sensation when taking Synthroid * :
|Burning sensation||89.83%||10.17% |
Age of people who have Burning sensation when taking Synthroid * :
|Burning sensation||0.00%||0.00%||0.30%||1.21%||5.15%||14.24%||25.15%||53.94% |
Severity of Burning sensation when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Burning sensation||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Burning sensation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Burning sensation||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (79 people, 10.46%)
- Thyroid disorder (44 people, 5.83%)
- Hypertension (44 people, 5.83%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (43 people, 5.70%)
- Depression (39 people, 5.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (147 people, 19.47%)
- Lasix (74 people, 9.80%)
- Lipitor (74 people, 9.80%)
- Prednisone (64 people, 8.48%)
- Xanax (56 people, 7.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of synthroid and burning sensation on
Do you have Burning Sensation while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Burning Sensation
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Burning Sensation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Brisdelle, Levoxyl for a 56-year old woman with Hot Flashes, Hashimoto's Disease. The patient has Burning Mouth Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Sitagliptin Phosphate, Omeprazole, Prednisolone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metformin for a 68-year old woman with Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Gallstones, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Shark Liver Oil, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Centrum Silver, Chondroitin, Glucosamine, Aspirin, Synthroid, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Norvasc, Lamictal for a 61-year old woman with Supplement, Vitamin Supplementation, Joint Stiffness, Heart Artery Dilatation, Hypothyroidism, Hypertension, Neuropathy - Peripheral. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 46-year old woman with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Eye Discharge
- A study of drug interactions between Lutein, CoQ-10, Saccharomyces Boulardii, Vitamin B12, Chelated Magnesium, Vitamin D, Levaquin, Escitalopram, Atorvastatin Calcium, Climara, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 56-year old woman with Vision Problems, Cardiovascular Antioxidant, Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements, Low Energy, Muscle Pain, C4 Level, Infection, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Menopause, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Tendon Pain, Muscle Pain, Joint Stiffness
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.