Review: could Synthroid cause Chest pain?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 4, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.1/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 85,665 people who take Synthroid. Among them, 4,475 have Chest pain. See who they are, when they have Chest pain and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,377 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism, thyroid diseases. Commonly reported side effects of Synthroid include nausea aggravated, nausea, fatigue, weakness, fatigue aggravated.
Chest pain (latest reports from 903,088 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Feb, 13, 2014: 85,526 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 4,291 people (5.02%) have Chest Pain.
Time on Synthroid when people have Chest pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chest pain||25.00%||22.16%||2.27%||11.93%||7.39%||8.52%||22.73% |
Gender of people who have Chest pain when taking Synthroid * :
|Chest pain||84.20%||15.80% |
Age of people who have Chest pain when taking Synthroid * :
|Chest pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.58%||1.92%||6.95%||15.52%||26.12%||48.92% |
Severity of Chest pain when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chest pain||19.23%||53.85%||26.92%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chest pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chest pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (753 people, 17.55%)
- Hypertension (405 people, 9.44%)
- Osteoporosis (367 people, 8.55%)
- Pain (239 people, 5.57%)
- Depression (219 people, 5.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (822 people, 19.16%)
- Lasix (602 people, 14.03%)
- Vioxx (542 people, 12.63%)
- Lipitor (518 people, 12.07%)
- Premarin (486 people, 11.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Synthroid, Chest pain
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is often used for hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions Synthroid is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Synthroid used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Synthroid side effects from A to Z:
Browse Synthroid drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
I take methotexate weekly.. After a day of taking them, I have terrible chest pain that radiates to my neck, and down my sides
From this study (2 months ago):
I've been on amzithromycin and tamiflu for four days and not feeling any better
From this study (2 months ago):
pain n the chest came first time and lasted a few minutes and second pain in chest 2 or 3 hours later and lasted few minutes.
pain in the arm starting from the hand and going up, during the second chest pain.
was very nauseous few days prior to pain and felt dizziness, this happened at night when I went to sleep.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Synthroid, Chest pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Low sperm count levothyroxine
i happend to not be able to contact doctor for a refill two weeks went by my sperm count before was so low with it i barely shot out of me two weeks later my count has quadrupled with out it id rather blow my brain out than be on that shit again
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this wa ...
- Having trouble swallowing food
it started like having heartburn the food would not go down. Progressively got worse so went a digestive doctor she ran all kinds of test (scope, went up my nose and down my throat had problems with that one,cat scan and berium test. Well they found a mass on my thyroid and had to remove have of it ...
More reviews for: Synthroid, Chest pain
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Prednisone, Gabapentin, Klor-con M10, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Methadone Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium, Methotrexate for a patient with Ulcer - Peptic, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Brachial Plexus Injury, Potassium - Low, Chronic Pain, Thyroid Disorder. The patient has Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Azithromycin, Phentermine, Tamiflu, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Pravastatin Sodium, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Asthma Aggravated, Losing Weight With Exercise, Flu, Allergies, High Blood Cholesterol, Acid Reflux, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Chest Tightness Or Pressure (Chest pain), Back Stiffness, Tension Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Glucophage Xr, Humalog Kwikpen, Lantus Solostar, Valproate Sodium, Quetiapine Fumarate, Lithium Carbonate for a patient with Hypothyroidism, Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Pain In Jaw, Nausea, Chest Pain
More related studies for: Synthroid, Chest pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.