Home > Synthroid > Dairy product intolerance > Synthroid and Dairy product intolerance
Review: could Synthroid cause Dairy product intolerance (Lactose intolerance)?
We study 88,863 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 92 have Dairy product intolerance. Find out below who they are, when they have Dairy product intolerance and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Synthroid and have Dairy product intolerance >>>
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,720 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism.
Dairy product intolerance
Dairy product intolerance (inability to digest lactose) (latest reports from 5,504 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, pain, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 88,863 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 92 people (0.10%) have Dairy Product Intolerance.
Time on Synthroid when people have Dairy product intolerance * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dairy product intolerance||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33% |
Gender of people who have Dairy product intolerance when taking Synthroid * :
|Dairy product intolerance||82.00%||18.00% |
Age of people who have Dairy product intolerance when taking Synthroid * :
|Dairy product intolerance||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.27%||20.25%||5.06%||39.24%||34.18% |
Severity of Dairy product intolerance when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dairy product intolerance||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dairy product intolerance ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dairy product intolerance||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (16 people, 17.39%)
- Multiple myeloma (10 people, 10.87%)
- Neoplasm malignant (10 people, 10.87%)
- Anxiety disorder (9 people, 9.78%)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (9 people, 9.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (24 people, 26.09%)
- Aredia (24 people, 26.09%)
- Premarin (23 people, 25.00%)
- Fosamax (16 people, 17.39%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (14 people, 15.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dairy Product Intolerance while taking Synthroid?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Dairy Product Intolerance
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Dairy Product Intolerance
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Hashimotos and compictaions
Type 2 Diabetic last 5 plus years, better part of last 7 years have had ( Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness), taking most of the normal blood sugar meds, thyroid meds , had both hands carpal tunnel released , both elbows ulnar nerve released ( last surgery 8/04/2014 , still out of ...
- I use levothroxine can i develop overactive bladder with continued use?
I seeing A new doctor about 5 years ago. The drug I had been using before was from an animal source. New doctor prescribes Levothyroxine and I began taking it as prescribed and gradually the frequency and volume of urine increased until I would get up from sleep in the middle of my sleep cycle to ...
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take th ...
More questions for: Synthroid, Dairy product intolerance
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Synthroid and breast enlargement
I have went from a B-C cup size to a D cup in the past 8-9 months.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- I switched to armour ,it's not synthetic.
I went off after 7 years on it when I discovered a link to a higher rate of lung cancer. I switched to Armour and it handled the hypothyroidism way better.
More reviews for: Synthroid, Dairy product intolerance
On eHealthMe, Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is often used for hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions Synthroid is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Synthroid used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Cymbalta, Levothyroxine Sodium, Montelukast Sodium, Loestrin 24 Fe, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM for a patient with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Depression - Major, Hypothyroidism, Allergic Sinusitis, Pain - Joints. The patient has Fatigue, Osteoarthritis, Stomach Discomfort, Lactose Intolerance, Gluten Free Diet, Hypotension
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride for a patient with Total Thyroidectomy, Depression. The patient has Lactose Intolerance, Sweating Increased, Finger Swelling, Abdomen - Swollen, Itchy Fingertips Odd Sensation
More related studies for: Synthroid, Dairy product intolerance
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Synthroid, Dairy product intolerance
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (1 hour ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (1 hour ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- High Blood Cholesterol and Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (4 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (5 hours ago)
- Lithium Overdose
- Post Splenectomy Syndrome
- Clobetasol Propionate