Review: could Synthroid cause Dairy product intolerance (Lactose intolerance)?
Summary: Dairy product intolerance is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 89,006 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 92 have Dairy product intolerance. Find out below who they are, when they have Dairy product intolerance and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Synthroid and have Dairy product intolerance >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,858 Synthroid users)
Dairy product intolerance
Dairy product intolerance (inability to digest lactose) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, pain, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 1,010 Dairy product intolerance patients)
On Apr, 21, 2015: 89,006 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 92 people (0.10%) have Dairy Product Intolerance.
Time on Synthroid when people have Dairy product intolerance * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dairy product intolerance||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33% |
Gender of people who have Dairy product intolerance when taking Synthroid * :
|Dairy product intolerance||82.00%||18.00% |
Age of people who have Dairy product intolerance when taking Synthroid * :
|Dairy product intolerance||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.27%||20.25%||5.06%||39.24%||34.18% |
Severity of Dairy product intolerance when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dairy product intolerance||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dairy product intolerance ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dairy product intolerance||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (16 people, 17.39%)
- Multiple myeloma (10 people, 10.87%)
- Neoplasm malignant (10 people, 10.87%)
- Anxiety disorder (9 people, 9.78%)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (9 people, 9.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (24 people, 26.09%)
- Aredia (24 people, 26.09%)
- Premarin (23 people, 25.00%)
- Fosamax (16 people, 17.39%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (14 people, 15.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of synthroid and dairy product intolerance on
Do you have Dairy Product Intolerance while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Dairy Product Intolerance
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Dairy Product Intolerance
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Topiramate, Aggrenox, Donepezil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 88-year old woman with Headache, Stroke Risk, Dementia, Thyroid, Cholesterosis, Blood Pressure, High Blood Pressure.
- A study of drug interactions between Gemfibrozil, Ditropan, Synthroid, Topamax, Lamictal, Risperdal for a 46-year old woman with Blood Triglycerides, Enlarged Liver, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Nose Bleeds
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 47-year old woman with Hypothyroidism. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Pulmonary Hypertension
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 44-year old woman with Hashomoto Thyrodities. The patient has Fatigue,body Ache, Weight Gain And Clogoy Memory, Fatigue,body Ache, Adhoc Skin Rashes, Loose Of Hair
- A study of drug interactions between Diclofenac Sodium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Xanax for a 29-year old woman with Bursitis, Hypotyhroid, Anxiety. The patient has Swollen Uvula
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Synthroid, for a 46-year old woman who has Alopecia Areata
- Comparions of Synthroid, Metformin for a 61-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Fluoxetine, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 51-year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Raspberry Ketone, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 19-year old girl who has High Thyroid
- Comparions of Quinapril, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 82-year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.