Review: could Synthroid cause Dry throat?
Summary: Dry throat is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 88,994 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 119 have Dry throat. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry throat and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Synthroid and have Dry throat >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,849 Synthroid users)
Dry throat has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 2,944 Dry throat patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 88,973 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 119 people (0.13%) have Dry Throat.
Time on Synthroid when people have Dry throat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry throat||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67% |
Gender of people who have Dry throat when taking Synthroid * :
|Dry throat||86.05%||13.95% |
Age of people who have Dry throat when taking Synthroid * :
|Dry throat||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.69%||5.93%||22.88%||69.49% |
Severity of Dry throat when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry throat||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry throat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry throat||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (29 people, 24.37%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (15 people, 12.61%)
- Hypertension (13 people, 10.92%)
- Depression (11 people, 9.24%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (10 people, 8.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (20 people, 16.81%)
- Lasix (17 people, 14.29%)
- Atenolol (16 people, 13.45%)
- Prilosec (15 people, 12.61%)
- Lipitor (15 people, 12.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of synthroid and dry throat on
Do you have Dry Throat while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Dry Throat
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Dry Throat
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Actos, Metformin, Synthroid, Invokana for a 53-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Binge Eating
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Wellbutrin for a 63-year old woman with Thyroid Disorder, Depression. The patient has Constipation
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 54-year old man with Thyroid Disorder. The patient has Numb & Painful Feet Pain. Possible Metatarsalgia, Mortans Nueroma
- A study of side effects of Synthroid for a 52-year old man with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Raynaud's Phenomenon (discoloration of the fingers, toes, and occasionally other areas)
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid for a 52-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Night Sweats, Hot Flashes, Cough
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lyrica, Flexeril, Adderall 10, Levothyroxine Sodium, Norco for a 39-year old woman who has Cervical Spinal Stenosis
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Synthroid for a 45-year old woman who has Antiinflammatory Therapy
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Omeprazole Magnesium, Synthroid for a 40-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.