Review: could Synthroid cause Energy increased?
Summary: Energy increased is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Byetta, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 88,994 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 51 have Energy increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Energy increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Synthroid and have Energy increased >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,849 Synthroid users)
Energy increased has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain. (latest reports from 2,104 Energy increased patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 88,973 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 51 people (0.06%) have Energy Increased.
Time on Synthroid when people have Energy increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Energy increased||9.09%||36.36%||0.00%||18.18%||27.27%||9.09%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Energy increased when taking Synthroid * :
|Energy increased||75.41%||24.59% |
Age of people who have Energy increased when taking Synthroid * :
|Energy increased||0.00%||6.67%||2.22%||0.00%||13.33%||13.33%||33.33%||31.11% |
Severity of Energy increased when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Energy increased||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Energy increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Energy increased||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (16 people, 31.37%)
- Bipolar disorder (9 people, 17.65%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (6 people, 11.76%)
- Affective disorder (6 people, 11.76%)
- Mania (5 people, 9.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Byetta (8 people, 15.69%)
- Lamictal (7 people, 13.73%)
- Geodon (6 people, 11.76%)
- Toprol-xl (5 people, 9.80%)
- Lipitor (5 people, 9.80%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of synthroid and energy increased on
Do you have Energy Increased while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Energy Increased
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Energy Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Lexapro, Synthroid, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin for a 61-year old woman with Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Urinary Frequency Or Urgency, Flank Pain
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 41-year old woman with Possible Thyroid Issue, Not Confirmed By Tests. The patient has Migraine (headache), Widespread Body Aches, Loss Of Hair, Anxiety, Sometimes Unable To Retrieve Words, Brain Fog, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
- A study of side effects of Xarelto for a 36-year old woman with DVT. The patient has Energy Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Actos, Metformin, Synthroid, Invokana for a 53-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Binge Eating
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Wellbutrin for a 63-year old woman with Thyroid Disorder, Depression. The patient has Constipation
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Lyrica, Flexeril, Adderall 10, Levothyroxine Sodium, Norco for a 39-year old woman who has Cervical Spinal Stenosis
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Synthroid for a 45-year old woman who has Antiinflammatory Therapy
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Omeprazole Magnesium, Synthroid for a 40-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.