Review: could Synthroid cause Enlarged prostate?
Summary: Enlarged prostate is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Lipitor, and have Hypertension.
We study 88,908 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 84 have Enlarged prostate. Find out below who they are, when they have Enlarged prostate and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Synthroid and have Enlarged prostate >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Synthroid 93,746 users)
Enlarged prostate has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, arthritis, high blood cholesterol, pain.(latest reports from Enlarged prostate 15,844 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 88,885 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 84 people (0.09%) have Enlarged Prostate.
Time on Synthroid when people have Enlarged prostate * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Enlarged prostate||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Gender of people who have Enlarged prostate when taking Synthroid * :
|Enlarged prostate||2.44%||97.56% |
Age of people who have Enlarged prostate when taking Synthroid * :
|Enlarged prostate||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.29%||11.43%||84.29% |
Severity of Enlarged prostate when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Enlarged prostate||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Enlarged prostate ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Enlarged prostate||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (14 people, 16.67%)
- Arthralgia (13 people, 15.48%)
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis (11 people, 13.10%)
- Blood cholesterol (11 people, 13.10%)
- Diarrhoea (11 people, 13.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (33 people, 39.29%)
- Lasix (29 people, 34.52%)
- Aspirin (25 people, 29.76%)
- Vitamin e (19 people, 22.62%)
- Vioxx (19 people, 22.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Enlarged Prostate while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Enlarged Prostate
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Enlarged Prostate
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Synthroid, Enlarged prostate
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Cardio version caused fingernail abnormalities
Right hip fracture. When prepping for surgery AFIB was found. Surgery was cancelled and they attempted to get AFIB under control. Finally, cardioversion was performed. When my nails started to grow out they all had two horizontal lines that cause the nail to break when it grows out to that point.
- Amlo dipine and terazosin
I have taken combination since 04/13 I have experienced ED lower testosterone and elevated PSA. Prior to that I was taking terazosin and hydrochorizide without any side effects. I stop taking the amlodipine during a juice fast and my PSA levels decreased when I stopped fasting and returned to taking the amlodipine my PSA levels rose.
- Synthroid and breast enlargement
I have went from a B-C cup size to a D cup in the past 8-9 months.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Levothyrixine and have increased as my dose has been increased.
- Singulair to the rescue
Antihistamines , even in small amounts, cause my prostate to swell immensely. Several months ago my allergies reached the point I had to take something. I had a physician's sample of 10 mg Singulair, so I took one. To my amazement, I got quick relief from extreme allergies, but my prostate SHRUNK as much as it did on finesteride. Since then I take my usual 2 mg hytrin each morning and my 10 mg Singulair at night and the combo has all but done away with my prostatic hyperplasia. NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE, SO I THOUGHT I WOULD PASS MIT ON.
More reviews for: Synthroid, Enlarged prostate
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Was put on complete thyroid replacement drug when I was 16. (1960) Within about six months I could hardly walk and could not get into the school bus. I was not x-rayed at that time but the doctor considered I had growing pains as I was growing after taking the thyroid drug. Later I was ex-rayed and ...
- After 3-4 days of taking adderall or any stimulants I start to get pimple like sores on my scalp, nose,eyes,mouth,face and vaginal area puss comes out of mi eyes and vaginal area.
It seems like every hair follicle or cut becomes clogged and filled with puss. It burns when I use the restroom. My ey ...
- Bleeding symptoms reduce when off medication for nearly a week. Blood clot type content in loose stool (liquid). blood ranges from very dark to bright in same movement. Amount of blood is concern. There is pain and firm area in between upper pelvic and lower abdomen area that disappears after moveme ...
- Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- Can hardly stay awake. Fall asleep after being awake from 2 hour naps within an hour. After running/walking on treadmill (difficult) at 2.5 mph for one half hour crawl back into bed and sleep! Not usual! Use only one drop in each eye per evening only. Sleep more than the cat! Wondered if I was h ...
More related studies for: Synthroid, Enlarged prostate
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.