Review: could Synthroid cause Enlarged prostate?
Summary: Enlarged prostate is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Lipitor, and have High blood pressure.
We study 88,994 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 84 have Enlarged prostate. Find out below who they are, when they have Enlarged prostate and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Synthroid and have Enlarged prostate >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,849 Synthroid users)
Enlarged prostate has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, arthritis, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 17,507 Enlarged prostate patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 88,994 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 84 people (0.09%) have Enlarged Prostate.
Time on Synthroid when people have Enlarged prostate * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Enlarged prostate||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Gender of people who have Enlarged prostate when taking Synthroid * :
|Enlarged prostate||2.44%||97.56% |
Age of people who have Enlarged prostate when taking Synthroid * :
|Enlarged prostate||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.29%||11.43%||84.29% |
Severity of Enlarged prostate when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Enlarged prostate||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Enlarged prostate ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Enlarged prostate||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (14 people, 16.67%)
- Arthralgia (13 people, 15.48%)
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis (11 people, 13.10%)
- Blood cholesterol (11 people, 13.10%)
- Diarrhoea (11 people, 13.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (33 people, 39.29%)
- Lasix (29 people, 34.52%)
- Aspirin (25 people, 29.76%)
- Vitamin e (19 people, 22.62%)
- Vioxx (19 people, 22.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of synthroid and enlarged prostate on
Do you have Enlarged Prostate while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Enlarged Prostate
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Enlarged Prostate
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 41-year old woman with Possible Thyroid Issue, Not Confirmed By Tests. The patient has Migraine (headache), Widespread Body Aches, Loss Of Hair, Anxiety, Sometimes Unable To Retrieve Words, Brain Fog, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Actos, Metformin, Synthroid, Invokana for a 53-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Binge Eating
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Wellbutrin for a 63-year old woman with Thyroid Disorder, Depression. The patient has Constipation
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 54-year old man with Thyroid Disorder. The patient has Numb & Painful Feet Pain. Possible Metatarsalgia, Mortans Nueroma
- A study of side effects of Synthroid for a 52-year old man with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Raynaud's Phenomenon (discoloration of the fingers, toes, and occasionally other areas)
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Lyrica, Flexeril, Adderall 10, Levothyroxine Sodium, Norco for a 39-year old woman who has Cervical Spinal Stenosis
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Synthroid for a 45-year old woman who has Antiinflammatory Therapy
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Omeprazole Magnesium, Synthroid for a 40-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.