Review: could Synthroid cause Eye pain?
Summary: Eye pain is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 88,994 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 435 have Eye pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Eye pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Synthroid and have Eye pain >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,849 Synthroid users)
Eye pain has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, glaucoma, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 13,631 Eye pain patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 88,973 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 435 people (0.49%) have Eye Pain.
Time on Synthroid when people have Eye pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Eye pain||30.77%||23.08%||0.00%||7.69%||0.00%||15.38%||23.08% |
Gender of people who have Eye pain when taking Synthroid * :
|Eye pain||83.62%||16.38% |
Age of people who have Eye pain when taking Synthroid * :
|Eye pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.76%||5.29%||11.34%||21.41%||61.21% |
Severity of Eye pain when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Eye pain||0.00%||85.71%||14.29%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Eye pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Eye pain||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (63 people, 14.48%)
- Osteoporosis (46 people, 10.57%)
- Hypertension (39 people, 8.97%)
- Thyroid disorder (30 people, 6.90%)
- Glaucoma (28 people, 6.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (69 people, 15.86%)
- Vitamin d (61 people, 14.02%)
- Lipitor (55 people, 12.64%)
- Prilosec (53 people, 12.18%)
- Ambien (53 people, 12.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of synthroid and eye pain on
Do you have Eye Pain while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Eye Pain
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Eye Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Wellbutrin for a 63-year old woman with Thyroid Disorder, Depression. The patient has Constipation
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 54-year old man with Thyroid Disorder. The patient has Numb & Painful Feet Pain. Possible Metatarsalgia, Mortans Nueroma
- A study of side effects of Synthroid for a 52-year old man with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Raynaud's Phenomenon (discoloration of the fingers, toes, and occasionally other areas)
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid for a 52-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Night Sweats, Hot Flashes, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 55-year old woman with Asthma, Thyroxine Decreased. The patient has Osteoporosis
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lyrica, Flexeril, Adderall 10, Levothyroxine Sodium, Norco for a 39-year old woman who has Cervical Spinal Stenosis
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Synthroid for a 45-year old woman who has Antiinflammatory Therapy
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Omeprazole Magnesium, Synthroid for a 40-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.