Home > Synthroid > Fatigue > Synthroid and Fatigue
Review: could Synthroid cause Fatigue?
Summary: Fatigue is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 88,885 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 6,540 have Fatigue. Find out below who they are, when they have Fatigue and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Synthroid and have Fatigue >>>
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,730 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism.
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) (latest reports from 198,350 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 88,885 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 6,540 people (7.36%) have Fatigue.
Time on Synthroid when people have Fatigue * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Synthroid * :
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Synthroid * :
Severity of Fatigue when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Fatigue ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (1,194 people, 18.26%)
- Hypertension (503 people, 7.69%)
- Osteoporosis (454 people, 6.94%)
- Depression (435 people, 6.65%)
- Thyroid disorder (335 people, 5.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (1,053 people, 16.10%)
- Lasix (765 people, 11.70%)
- Lipitor (728 people, 11.13%)
- Coumadin (538 people, 8.23%)
- Nexium (519 people, 7.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fatigue while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Fatigue
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Fatigue
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can nuvigil (vs adderall) be used simultaneously to help wean off 60mg/day of adderall?
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Muscle Tightness, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Ptsd, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Bulimia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, ADHD, and takes Nuvigil, Prozac, Flexeril, Topamax, Xanax, Adderall 30)
I have been on Adderall 30mg 2x daily for years!! I've had it lowered to 20mg, I've TRIED to go months without it (when not working) however I feel I've built up a tolerance level to the point that it's not as effective as it once was. My personal life has detoured WAY past anything an ADHD medicati ...
- Could fenofibrate cause extreme vaginal irritation?
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Itching,burning Of External Vaginal Area., and takes Levothyroxine Sodium, Fenofibrate)
might possibly be pre-diabetic...Dr checks blood sugar every 6 mo.
- Hallucinations and skin thas red and hurts
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has Hallucinations.skin Thats Red Like A Sun Burn And Mouth Blisters, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide, Sudafed, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I am having horrable hallucinations.manic episodes because i slam on the brakes to avoid people or animals that are not there.i feel like im going to razy.high bood pressure, heavy breathing and anxiety.my face and body have spoys that are like a sun burn and blisters in my mouth.emergency room accu ...
- Is it okay to take co enzyme q 10 with levothyroxine
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Is it okay to take Co Enzyme Q10 with Lovothyroxine. Will it stop my Levothyroxine from working properly. I am also on Simvastaton. Would appreciate any advice on this.
- Why would i get copd since i never smoked?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, PBC, AIH, Asthma, and takes Vitamin D, Calcium Carbonate, Anturol, Morphine Sulfate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pyridium, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Azathioprine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent)
I have several autoimmune disorders, I was shocked to get the COPD diagnosis since I have never smoked but I had second hand smoke first 23 years of my life.
My doctor said my Autoimmune Hepatitis and Primary Biliary Cholingitis set me up for COPD.
More questions for: Synthroid, Fatigue
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Synthroid and breast enlargement
(Posted by a 61 year old woman who has Breast Swelling, Breast Enlargement, and takes Synthroid)
I have went from a B-C cup size to a D cup in the past 8-9 months.
- Diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome after mirena
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, Fatigue, Nausea, Dizzy, and takes Mirena)
After getting the Mirena put in, I got really sick. I went home and got super dizzy, nauseous, and tired. I felt so sick and could barely function. I called the doctors office and they said it couldn't be from the Mirena. She said that I must have the flu. Well, I kept it in for a little while long ...
- Mucinex dm and advil congetstion
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Blurred Vision, Fatigue, Dizziness)
I noticed another female with simlar age and side effects; and a third female who in addition was under active thyroid. I have taken both drugs independently and had no problem with them. I am prone to low blood pressure & dizziness due to the thyroid problem
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- I switched to armour ,it's not synthetic.
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Hashimotos Hypothroidism, and takes Synthroid)
I went off after 7 years on it when I discovered a link to a higher rate of lung cancer. I switched to Armour and it handled the hypothyroidism way better.
More reviews for: Synthroid, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Voltaren for a patient with Tenosynovitis. The patient has Headache (pain in head), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Lethargy (tiredness), Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth), Lightheadedness - Dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness)
Comments: Was prescribed Voltaren gel for tenosynovitis of my thumb. Helped the pain somewhat, but I woke up feeling terrible. I am sensitive to stronger oral pain medications, which is why this was prescribed in the first place, but the side effects are worse than when I have taken codeine. Felt somewhat be ...
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Xl, Synthroid, Topamax, Prozac for a patient with Nausea, Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal, Neuropathic Pain, Migraine - Common, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
Comments: Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Lumigan for a patient with Thyroid Stimulating Hormone-producing Pituitary Tumour, Pressure Sore. The patient has Sleeping Sickness
Comments: Can hardly stay awake. Fall asleep after being awake from 2 hour naps within an hour. After running/walking on treadmill (difficult) at 2.5 mph for one half hour crawl back into bed and sleep! Not usual! Use only one drop in each eye per evening only. Sleep more than the cat! Wondered if I was h ...
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
Comments: Severe stabbing pain between shoulders slightly to the right. Only lasts upto a minute. Attacks infrequent.
Tartar on teeth.
Sweating and chill although usually very cold.
Difficult to maintain weight. Skips meals everyday - habitually only eat dinner in the evening and have done ...
More related studies for: Synthroid, Fatigue
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.