Review: could Synthroid cause Halitosis (Breath odor)?
Summary: Halitosis is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Zoloft, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 89,006 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Halitosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Halitosis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Synthroid and have Halitosis >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,858 Synthroid users)
Halitosis (offensive breath) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, high blood cholesterol, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 487 Halitosis patients)
On Apr, 27, 2015: 89,006 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 8 people (0.01%) have Halitosis.
Time on Synthroid when people have Halitosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Halitosis when taking Synthroid * :
Age of people who have Halitosis when taking Synthroid * :
Severity of Halitosis when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Halitosis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zoloft (4 people, 50.00%)
- Multi-vitamin (4 people, 50.00%)
- Calcium tablets (4 people, 50.00%)
- Lithium (3 people, 37.50%)
- Niaspan (2 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Halitosis while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Halitosis
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Halitosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Losartan Potassium, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Zantac 150, Mirtazapine, Synthroid for a 81-year old woman with Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Pressure, Gastritis, Anxiety Disorder, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Confusional State
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Singulair, Ultram Er, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Nexium, Levoxyl, Wellbutrin Sr, Atenolol, Gabapentin for a 57-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Allergic Sinusitis, Fibromyalgia, Fluid Retention, Acid Reflux, Hyperthyroidism, Depression, High Blood Pressure, Meniers.
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prilosec, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Adderall for a 40-year old man with Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Reflux Gastritis, Ptsd, Add. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Spironolactone, Mirapex, Synthroid for a 38-year old woman with Facial Edema, Tremor, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Complex Mass Adjacent To Ovary, Swelling, Kidney Infection, Sweating - Excessive, Abdominal Distension, Diastolic Blood Pressure, Pain Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 57-year old woman with Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Graves Disease. The patient has Shakes, Palpitations, Shortness Of Breath
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Synthroid, for a 46-year old woman who has Alopecia Areata
- Comparions of Synthroid, Metformin for a 61-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Fluoxetine, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 51-year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Raspberry Ketone, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 19-year old girl who has High Thyroid
- Comparions of Quinapril, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 82-year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.