Home > Synthroid > Heart attack > Synthroid and Heart attack
Review: could Synthroid cause Heart attack?
We study 88,863 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,975 have Heart attack. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart attack and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Synthroid and have Heart attack >>>
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,720 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism.
Heart attack (latest reports from 631,414 patients) has been reported by people with diabetes, arthritis, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 88,863 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 1,975 people (2.22%) have Heart Attack.
Time on Synthroid when people have Heart attack * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart attack||8.33%||5.56%||2.78%||8.33%||41.67%||19.44%||13.89% |
Gender of people who have Heart attack when taking Synthroid * :
|Heart attack||74.96%||25.04% |
Age of people who have Heart attack when taking Synthroid * :
|Heart attack||0.00%||0.06%||0.06%||0.22%||1.99%||10.33%||22.58%||64.77% |
Severity of Heart attack when taking Synthroid ** :
How people recovered from Heart attack ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (191 people, 9.67%)
- Arthritis (162 people, 8.20%)
- Hypertension (149 people, 7.54%)
- Diabetes mellitus (133 people, 6.73%)
- Thyroid disorder (115 people, 5.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (655 people, 33.16%)
- Aspirin (412 people, 20.86%)
- Lipitor (368 people, 18.63%)
- Plavix (333 people, 16.86%)
- Lasix (307 people, 15.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Heart Attack while taking Synthroid?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Heart Attack
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Heart Attack
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Hashimotos and compictaions
Type 2 Diabetic last 5 plus years, better part of last 7 years have had ( Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness), taking most of the normal blood sugar meds, thyroid meds , had both hands carpal tunnel released , both elbows ulnar nerve released ( last surgery 8/04/2014 , still out of ...
- I use levothroxine can i develop overactive bladder with continued use?
I seeing A new doctor about 5 years ago. The drug I had been using before was from an animal source. New doctor prescribes Levothyroxine and I began taking it as prescribed and gradually the frequency and volume of urine increased until I would get up from sleep in the middle of my sleep cycle to ...
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take th ...
More questions for: Synthroid, Heart attack
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Synthroid and breast enlargement
I have went from a B-C cup size to a D cup in the past 8-9 months.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Heavy sweating during sleep
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
More reviews for: Synthroid, Heart attack
On eHealthMe, Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is often used for hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions Synthroid is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Synthroid used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Synthroid, Heart attack
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Synthroid, Heart attack
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (9 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (11 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Colostomy Infection
- Calcium Gluconate
- Angioimmunoblastic T Cell Lymphoma Recurrent