Home > Synthroid > Heart attack > Synthroid and Heart attack
Review: could Synthroid cause Heart attack?
We study 88,863 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,975 have Heart attack. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart attack and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Synthroid and have Heart attack >>>
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,669 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism.
Heart Attack (latest reports from 632,018 patients) has been reported by people with diabetes, arthritis, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis.
On Sep, 21, 2014: 88,801 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 1,975 people (2.22%) have Heart Attack.
Time on Synthroid when people have Heart attack * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart attack||8.33%||5.56%||2.78%||8.33%||41.67%||19.44%||13.89% |
Gender of people who have Heart attack when taking Synthroid * :
|Heart attack||74.96%||25.04% |
Age of people who have Heart attack when taking Synthroid * :
|Heart attack||0.00%||0.06%||0.06%||0.22%||1.99%||10.33%||22.58%||64.77% |
Severity of Heart attack when taking Synthroid ** :
How people recovered from Heart attack ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (191 people, 9.67%)
- Arthritis (162 people, 8.20%)
- Hypertension (149 people, 7.54%)
- Diabetes mellitus (133 people, 6.73%)
- Thyroid disorder (115 people, 5.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (655 people, 33.16%)
- Aspirin (412 people, 20.86%)
- Lipitor (368 people, 18.63%)
- Plavix (333 people, 16.86%)
- Lasix (307 people, 15.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Heart Attack while taking Synthroid?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Synthroid and have Heart Attack
- group for people who take Synthroid
- group for people who have Heart Attack
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 day ago):
in addition to the big white bumps i also am getting bites on the scalp that sting and burn. i'm not sure if they are related
From this study (1 day ago):
I have recently been diagnosed with an underactive Thyroid and been taking the tablets just over a week. Since taking the tablets I have had a sore on my face (looks a bit like cold sore) and a gum boil behind my lower teeth. Can this be caused by the tablets I am taking or just simply because of the underactive thyroid itself
From this study (2 days ago):
Quadruple bypass 6 years ago.
Tia 3 years ago
Angina returned 18 months ago
Increasing loss of balance past 6 months
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Laryngitis from depression?
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
More questions for: Synthroid, Heart attack
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- I wish i had never taken ambien
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
More reviews for: Synthroid, Heart attack
On eHealthMe, Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is often used for hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions Synthroid is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Synthroid used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Aspirin And Dipyridamole, Aspirin, Alprazolam, Gabapentin, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Abilify, Baclofen, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 64-year old man who has Headache, Blood Thinner, Anxiety Disorder, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chloresterol, Depression, Thyroid Disorder (47 minutes ago)
- Benadryl for a 26-year old woman who has Allergies (56 minutes ago)
- Curcumin, Borage Oil, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Folic Acid, Amlodipine Besylate, Humira, Methotrexate, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Neurontin and Herba Ginkgo Biloba
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Tapazole
- Cromolyn Sodium and Angioedema
- Platelet Count Decreased and Avodart
Recent user comments
- "Esophagitis gastritis for years, scope every five yea ... " (2 hours ago)
- "hypertension difficult to control; toprol augmented w ... " (3 hours ago)
- "i have night chest tightness,,, cough,, seeded medica ... " (4 hours ago)
- High Blood Pressure
- Puncture Weed
- Pemphigus Vulgaris