Review: could Synthroid cause High blood pressure?
Summary: High blood pressure is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Vioxx, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 88,994 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 4,297 have High blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Synthroid and have High blood pressure >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,849 Synthroid users)
High blood pressure
High blood pressure has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 329,841 High blood pressure patients)
On Mar, 26, 2015: 88,994 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 4,297 people (4.83%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Synthroid when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||14.78%||11.82%||7.39%||7.88%||16.26%||14.78%||27.09% |
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Synthroid * :
|High blood pressure||85.97%||14.03% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Synthroid * :
|High blood pressure||0.03%||0.18%||0.35%||0.58%||2.68%||11.04%||25.04%||60.11% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||4.08%||67.35%||28.57%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||9.09%||27.27%||63.64% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (738 people, 17.17%)
- Osteoporosis (555 people, 12.92%)
- Hypertension (536 people, 12.47%)
- Thyroid disorder (352 people, 8.19%)
- Depression (314 people, 7.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (734 people, 17.08%)
- Aspirin (726 people, 16.90%)
- Fosamax (606 people, 14.10%)
- Lasix (575 people, 13.38%)
- Lipitor (480 people, 11.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of synthroid and high blood pressure on
Do you have High Blood Pressure while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have High Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Actos, Metformin, Synthroid, Invokana for a 53-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Binge Eating
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Wellbutrin for a 63-year old woman with Thyroid Disorder, Depression. The patient has Constipation
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 54-year old man with Thyroid Disorder. The patient has Numb & Painful Feet Pain. Possible Metatarsalgia, Mortans Nueroma
- A study of side effects of Synthroid for a 52-year old man with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Raynaud's Phenomenon (discoloration of the fingers, toes, and occasionally other areas)
- A study of side effects of Mydriacyl for a 38-year old woman with Eye Exam - Standard. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lyrica, Flexeril, Adderall 10, Levothyroxine Sodium, Norco for a 39-year old woman who has Cervical Spinal Stenosis
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Synthroid for a 45-year old woman who has Antiinflammatory Therapy
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Omeprazole Magnesium, Synthroid for a 40-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.