Home > Synthroid > High blood pressure > Synthroid and High blood pressure
Review: could Synthroid cause High blood pressure?
We study 88,863 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 4,804 have High blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Synthroid and have High blood pressure >>>
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,720 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism.
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,143,390 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 88,863 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 4,307 people (4.85%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Synthroid when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||14.56%||11.65%||7.77%||7.77%||16.02%||14.56%||27.67% |
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Synthroid * :
|High blood pressure||85.90%||14.10% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Synthroid * :
|High blood pressure||0.02%||0.17%||0.35%||0.57%||2.70%||11.09%||25.02%||60.07% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||3.85%||67.31%||26.92%||1.92% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||8.00%||24.00%||68.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (740 people, 17.18%)
- Osteoporosis (556 people, 12.91%)
- Hypertension (539 people, 12.51%)
- Thyroid disorder (353 people, 8.20%)
- Depression (315 people, 7.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (737 people, 17.11%)
- Aspirin (727 people, 16.88%)
- Fosamax (606 people, 14.07%)
- Lasix (576 people, 13.37%)
- Lipitor (481 people, 11.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Pressure while taking Synthroid?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have High Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Hashimotos and compictaions
Type 2 Diabetic last 5 plus years, better part of last 7 years have had ( Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness), taking most of the normal blood sugar meds, thyroid meds , had both hands carpal tunnel released , both elbows ulnar nerve released ( last surgery 8/04/2014 , still out of ...
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
More questions for: Synthroid, High blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Synthroid and breast enlargement
I have went from a B-C cup size to a D cup in the past 8-9 months.
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
More reviews for: Synthroid, High blood pressure
On eHealthMe, Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is often used for hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions Synthroid is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Synthroid used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Klonopin, Lamictal, Vyvanse, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a patient with Thyroid Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Adhd, Depression. The patient has Hypertension, Muscle Twitching, Eye Twitch, Memory Loss, Confusional State, Tremor, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Eye Zaps, Eye Redness
- A study of drug interactions between Crestor, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Aspirin, Carnitor, Amlodipine Besylate, Torsemide, Synthroid, Losartan, Metoprolol Tartrate, Levemir Flexpen for a patient with Deficiency Anaemia, Blood Thinner, Metabolic Abnormality Management, Hypertension, Edema, Hypothyroidism Postoperative, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Hypertension
More related studies for: Synthroid, High blood pressure
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Synthroid, High blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (6 seconds ago)
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (12 minutes ago)
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
- Vomiting and Vyvanse
- Vomiting and Add
- Vomiting and Escitalopram
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (13 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (25 minutes ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (7 hours ago)
- Pseudomonas Pseudomallei Infection
- Theolair Sr