Home > Synthroid > Hot flashes > Synthroid and Hot flashes
Review: could Synthroid cause Hot flashes?
We study 88,863 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Hot flashes. Find out below who they are, when they have Hot flashes and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Synthroid and have Hot flashes >>>
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,720 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism.
Hot flashes (latest reports from 1,818 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, stress and anxiety, hypothyroidism, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 88,863 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 17 people (0.02%) have Hot Flashes.
Time on Synthroid when people have Hot flashes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hot flashes||0.00%||0.00%||6.25%||12.50%||31.25%||0.00%||50.00% |
Gender of people who have Hot flashes when taking Synthroid * :
|Hot flashes||88.24%||11.76% |
Age of people who have Hot flashes when taking Synthroid * :
|Hot flashes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.88%||11.76%||29.41%||41.18%||11.76% |
Severity of Hot flashes when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hot flashes||0.00%||41.18%||52.94%||5.88% |
How people recovered from Hot flashes ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hot flashes||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (10 people, 58.82%)
- High blood cholesterol and triglycerides (4 people, 23.53%)
- High blood cholesterol (3 people, 17.65%)
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis (3 people, 17.65%)
- Gerd (2 people, 11.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Simvastatin (3 people, 17.65%)
- Aspirin (3 people, 17.65%)
- Lisinopril (2 people, 11.76%)
- Niaspan (2 people, 11.76%)
- Cymbalta (2 people, 11.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hot Flashes while taking Synthroid?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Hot Flashes
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Hot Flashes
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Hashimotos and compictaions
Type 2 Diabetic last 5 plus years, better part of last 7 years have had ( Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness), taking most of the normal blood sugar meds, thyroid meds , had both hands carpal tunnel released , both elbows ulnar nerve released ( last surgery 8/04/2014 , still out of ...
- I use levothroxine can i develop overactive bladder with continued use?
I seeing A new doctor about 5 years ago. The drug I had been using before was from an animal source. New doctor prescribes Levothyroxine and I began taking it as prescribed and gradually the frequency and volume of urine increased until I would get up from sleep in the middle of my sleep cycle to ...
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take th ...
More questions for: Synthroid, Hot flashes
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Synthroid and breast enlargement
I have went from a B-C cup size to a D cup in the past 8-9 months.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Severe night sweats and hot flashes with cymbalta?
I am 24 years old and I have been having severe night sweats for about the last 2 and a half years. I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 and a half years. These night sweats are so severe that I typically wake up 2-4 times a night drenched in sweat where I have to change the sheets, get a new blanket ...
More reviews for: Synthroid, Hot flashes
On eHealthMe, Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is often used for hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions Synthroid is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Synthroid used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Cyanocobalamin, Xanax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Lisinopril, Tamoxifen Citrate for a patient with Bursitis, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anxiety Disorder, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure, Breast Cancer In Situ. The patient has Weight Gain, Lymphedema, Breast Cancer In Situ, Adhesive Capsulitis, Joint Pain, Constipation, Skin Redness Or Inflammation, Insomnia, Hot Flashes, Shortness Of Breath, Skin Discolouration, Dizziness, Nausea, Fatigue, Weak Pulse
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Allopurinol, Lasix, Synthroid, Fenofibrate, Accupril, Diclofenac Sodium for a patient with Family History Of Stroke, Gout, Water Retention, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Arthritis. The patient has Hot Flashes
- A study of drug interactions between Zomig, Phentermine, Fluoxetine, Estradiol, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Headache - Migraine With Aura, Weight Loss, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Hot Flashes, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Sleeplessness, Nausea, Hot Flashes, Chills, Headache
More related studies for: Synthroid, Hot flashes
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Synthroid, Hot flashes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (11 minutes ago)
- Daytrana for a 7-year old boy who has Hyperness Adhd (1 hour ago)
- Xarelto, Warfarin Sodium for a 76-year old man who has DVT (5 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
Recent user comments
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (11 minutes ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Recently increased dose to 60 mg/day. Pic started ab ... " (9 hours ago)
- Intraductal Papilloma
- Sibilant Rhonchi
- White Blood Cell Analysis Increased
- Lady Of The Meadow