Review: could Synthroid cause Itching in the groin (Jock itch)?
Summary: Itching in the groin is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Nexium, and have Neoplasm malignant.
We study 89,006 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Itching in the groin. Find out below who they are, when they have Itching in the groin and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Synthroid and have Itching in the groin >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,853 Synthroid users)
Itching in the groin
Itching in the groin (fungal infection of the groin and upper thighs) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, arthritis, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, neoplasm malignant. (latest reports from 376 Itching in the groin patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 88,994 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 17 people (0.02%) have Itching In The Groin.
Time on Synthroid when people have Itching in the groin * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Itching in the groin||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Itching in the groin when taking Synthroid * :
|Itching in the groin||41.18%||58.82% |
Age of people who have Itching in the groin when taking Synthroid * :
|Itching in the groin||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.25%||31.25%||0.00%||62.50% |
Severity of Itching in the groin when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Itching in the groin||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Itching in the groin ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Itching in the groin||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Neoplasm malignant (9 people, 52.94%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 11.76%)
- Atrial fibrillation (1 people, 5.88%)
- Add (1 people, 5.88%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (15 people, 88.24%)
- Vicodin (14 people, 82.35%)
- Zometa (14 people, 82.35%)
- Norvasc (10 people, 58.82%)
- Lexapro (10 people, 58.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Itching In The Groin while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Itching In The Groin
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Itching In The Groin
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 33-year old woman with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Wrinkles
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Valium, Tylenol, Dextrose 60%, Cymbalta for a 50-year old woman with Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Pain, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Pain, Suicidal Thoughts, Blood Pressure Increased
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 68-year old woman with Adult Hypothyroidism. The patient has Several Hair Loss, Fatigue. Memory Lack Of Concentration, No Appetite.
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.