Home > Synthroid > Leg swelling > Synthroid and Leg swelling
Review: could Synthroid cause Leg swelling (Foot, leg, and ankle swelling)?
We study 88,863 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Leg swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Leg swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Synthroid and have Leg swelling >>>
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,720 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism.
Leg swelling (latest reports from 4,600 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, pain.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 88,863 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 9 people (0.01%) have Leg Swelling.
Time on Synthroid when people have Leg swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Leg swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||37.50%||12.50%||37.50% |
Gender of people who have Leg swelling when taking Synthroid * :
|Leg swelling||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Leg swelling when taking Synthroid * :
|Leg swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||55.56%||33.33% |
Severity of Leg swelling when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Leg swelling||0.00%||33.33%||55.56%||11.11% |
How people recovered from Leg swelling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Leg swelling||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (3 people, 33.33%)
- Thyroid disorder (2 people, 22.22%)
- Blood thinner (2 people, 22.22%)
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis (2 people, 22.22%)
- Anxiety and stress (1 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lotrel (2 people, 22.22%)
- Aspirin (2 people, 22.22%)
- Vitamin d (2 people, 22.22%)
- Norco (2 people, 22.22%)
- Lipitor (2 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Leg Swelling while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Leg Swelling
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Leg Swelling
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Hashimotos and compictaions
Type 2 Diabetic last 5 plus years, better part of last 7 years have had ( Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness), taking most of the normal blood sugar meds, thyroid meds , had both hands carpal tunnel released , both elbows ulnar nerve released ( last surgery 8/04/2014 , still out of ...
- I use levothroxine can i develop overactive bladder with continued use?
I seeing A new doctor about 5 years ago. The drug I had been using before was from an animal source. New doctor prescribes Levothyroxine and I began taking it as prescribed and gradually the frequency and volume of urine increased until I would get up from sleep in the middle of my sleep cycle to ...
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take th ...
- I have an under active thyroid, have been on levothyroxine,,50-75mg, since april 2014, i have terrible tremors all throught my whole body all day and all night what can be used to stop these ?
I am 52 and have also been diagnosed as menopusal, but i had an underactive thyroid, that has now become auto immune, i started to take 50 mg and was very
ill, so i asked the gp if upping it to 75 would help, he agreed, but i have now developed these inside tremmors through my legs and torso and ar ...
- Does synthroid use ever result in low creatinine levels in urine? i am on 75 mcg of synthroid and have a diluted test at probation. i am not overly hydrated and do not understand this urine screen.
hello I have abnormally low creatinine levels in urine from taking 75 mcg of synthroid daily. Does anyone else have this problem?
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- Woke up with swollen feet, legs and family member noticed i was slurring my speech and my mouth was drawn down in an abnormal position. i felt very out of it and spacey. i have had blood work drawn t
Woke up with swollen feet, legs and family member noticed I was slurring my speech and my mouth was drawn down in an abnormal position. I felt very out of it and spacey. I have had blood work drawn today, CT of head, EKG and the doctor said I have what is called a "hard heart". I will see him tomo ...
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
- Can people with hypothyroidism take garcinia cambogia?
I have hypothyroidism, ITP, and MCTD. With me having all of these issues and taking all these different medications, I was wondering if it would be safe for me to take a diet pill named garcinia cambogia.
More questions for: Synthroid, Leg swelling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Synthroid and breast enlargement
I have went from a B-C cup size to a D cup in the past 8-9 months.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- I switched to armour ,it's not synthetic.
I went off after 7 years on it when I discovered a link to a higher rate of lung cancer. I switched to Armour and it handled the hypothyroidism way better.
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- I wish i had never taken ambien
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Muscle weakness while on accutane
I began taking Accutane end of 2013 and I'm just now finishing up my medication.
During the first month I noticed my hands swelling up, but I also noticed my knuckles lightened.
Where I considered my elbows to be ashy, the color lightened up and the skin became smooth. My body retained water and ...
More reviews for: Synthroid, Leg swelling
On eHealthMe, Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is often used for hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions Synthroid is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Synthroid used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Aspirin, Carnitor, Amlodipine Besylate, Torsemide, Synthroid, Losartan, Metoprolol Tartrate, Levemir Flexpen for a patient with Deficiency Anaemia, Blood Thinner, Metabolic Abnormality Management, Hypertension, Edema, Hypothyroidism Postoperative, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Tylenol, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Methotrexate, Zetia, Livalo, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Multivitamin, Folic Acid, Ranitidine, Metformin, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Dexilant for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Hypothyroidism, Supplement, Acid Reflux, Diabetes Mellitus, Chronic Depression. The patient has Sweating Fever, Fever, Fatigue - Chronic, Joint Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Swelling Of A Joint, Intractable Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Ondansetron, Hydroxyzine, Prednisolone Acetate, Alprazolam, Synthroid, Oxycodone, Prednisone, Lexapro, Norco, Methadone Hydrochloride, Methotrexate, Folic Acid for a patient with Nasua, Allergic Cough, Eye Inflammation, Anxiety And Stress, Thyroid Disorder, Bechets, Beets. The patient has Fatigue, Rare Face Lesions, Pain - Head, Head Lesions, Hip Pain, Back Pain - Low, Thyroid Gland Abscess, Throat Lesion, Loss Of Hair, Tooth Loss, Leg Swelling, Eye Pain, Ear Pain, Pitted And Gangrene Ulcers, Severe Granulomas, Ganglolian Ankle Cyst, Bowel Cramping, Skin Fissures, Skin Sensitisation, Skin Discoloration - Bluish, Skin Necrosis, Vascular Skin Disorder, Skin Burning Sensation, Hot Flashes, Mouth Ulceration, Pain - Joints
- A study of drug interactions between Aleve, Levothyroxine Sodium, Minocycline Hydrochloride for a patient with Joint Stiffness, Hypothyroidism, Acne-like Skin Bumps. The patient has Leg Swelling
- A study of drug interactions between Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Levothroid, Pristiq for a patient with Restless Leg Syndrome, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Pain In Limb, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Vitamin D, Daytrana, Furosemide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Gabapentin, Topamax for a patient with Women's Health-future Pregnancy, Vitamin D Deficiency, Lack Of Concentration, Pseudotumor Cerebri, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Truvada, Isentress, Levothyroxine Sodium, Atorvastatin Calcium, Escitalopram Oxalate, Vitamin D for a patient with Depression, Social Anxiety, Hiv Antibody Positive, High Blood Cholesterol, Thyroid Disorder, Bone Density Decreased. The patient has Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling
- A study of drug interactions between Humalog Mix 75/25 Kwikpen, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin Calcium, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Diabetes Insipidus, High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes, Cholesterol Test, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Enalaprilat, Prostatic Pain, Thyroxine, Humalog Mix 75/25, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- A study of drug interactions between Furosemide, Byetta, Metformin Hydrochloride, Glyburide, Actos, Cymbalta, Lantus, Synthroid, Lipitor, Lotrel, Aspirin, Vitamin D for a patient with Fluid Retention, Diabetes Mellitus, Depression, Thyroid Disorder, Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Blood Thinner, Vitamin D Deficiency. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
More related studies for: Synthroid, Leg swelling
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Tylenol, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 83-year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Lisinopril, Metformin, Glipizide for a 44-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Estrace, Synthroid for a 51-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Forskolin, Lisinopril, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 52-year old woman who has Thyroid Stimulating Hormone-producing Pituitary Tumour
- Comparions of Synthroid, Atenolol, Lipitor, Plavix for a 82-year old woman who has TIA
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Saw Palmetto for a 60-year old man who has Enlarged Prostate
- Comparions of Armour Thyroid, Synthroid for a 54-year old woman who has Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Nexium for a 67-year old woman who has Barrett's Esophagus
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Suboxone for a 40-year old man who has Thyroid Function Test Abnormal
- Comparions of Metoprolol Tartrate, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 37-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism & High Blood Pressure
More related comparison studies for: Synthroid, Leg swelling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (56 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (2 hours ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Thorazine and Drug Screen False Positive
- Suicide Attempt
- Spironolactone and Junel Fe 1/20
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (4 hours ago)
- Fungal Infection Feet
- Mucous Membrane Disorder
- Gonadal Dysgenesis Nos
- Transgender Hormonal Therapy