Review: could Synthroid cause Leg swelling (Foot, leg, and ankle swelling)?
Summary: Leg swelling is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Lotrel, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 88,994 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Leg swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Leg swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Synthroid and have Leg swelling >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,849 Synthroid users)
Leg swelling has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, gastroesophageal reflux disease, hypothyroidism. (latest reports from 1,440 Leg swelling patients)
On Mar, 10, 2015: 88,973 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 9 people (0.01%) have Leg Swelling.
Time on Synthroid when people have Leg swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Leg swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||37.50%||12.50%||37.50% |
Gender of people who have Leg swelling when taking Synthroid * :
|Leg swelling||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Leg swelling when taking Synthroid * :
|Leg swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||55.56%||33.33% |
Severity of Leg swelling when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Leg swelling||0.00%||33.33%||55.56%||11.11% |
How people recovered from Leg swelling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Leg swelling||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (3 people, 33.33%)
- Thyroid disorder (2 people, 22.22%)
- Blood thinner (2 people, 22.22%)
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis (2 people, 22.22%)
- Anxiety and stress (1 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lotrel (2 people, 22.22%)
- Aspirin (2 people, 22.22%)
- Vitamin d (2 people, 22.22%)
- Norco (2 people, 22.22%)
- Lipitor (2 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of synthroid and leg swelling on
Do you have Leg Swelling while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Leg Swelling
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Leg Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Actos, Metformin, Synthroid, Invokana for a 53-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Binge Eating
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Wellbutrin for a 63-year old woman with Thyroid Disorder, Depression. The patient has Constipation
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 54-year old man with Thyroid Disorder. The patient has Numb & Painful Feet Pain. Possible Metatarsalgia, Mortans Nueroma
- A study of side effects of Synthroid for a 52-year old man with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Raynaud's Phenomenon (discoloration of the fingers, toes, and occasionally other areas)
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid for a 52-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Night Sweats, Hot Flashes, Cough
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lyrica, Flexeril, Adderall 10, Levothyroxine Sodium, Norco for a 39-year old woman who has Cervical Spinal Stenosis
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Synthroid for a 45-year old woman who has Antiinflammatory Therapy
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Omeprazole Magnesium, Synthroid for a 40-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.