Review: could Synthroid cause Lose weight (Weight loss)?
Summary: Lose weight is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 89,006 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 392 have Lose weight. Find out below who they are, when they have Lose weight and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Synthroid and have Lose weight >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,858 Synthroid users)
Lose weight has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 20,334 Lose weight patients)
On Apr, 25, 2015: 89,006 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 392 people (0.44%) have Lose Weight.
Time on Synthroid when people have Lose weight * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lose weight||0.00%||26.09%||4.35%||4.35%||13.04%||21.74%||30.43% |
Gender of people who have Lose weight when taking Synthroid * :
|Lose weight||81.89%||18.11% |
Age of people who have Lose weight when taking Synthroid * :
|Lose weight||0.28%||0.00%||0.28%||2.28%||14.53%||22.22%||22.79%||37.61% |
Severity of Lose weight when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lose weight||11.76%||58.82%||23.53%||5.88% |
How people recovered from Lose weight ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Lose weight||12.50%||25.00%||62.50% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (75 people, 19.13%)
- Hypothyroidism (62 people, 15.82%)
- Osteoporosis (48 people, 12.24%)
- Bipolar disorder (39 people, 9.95%)
- Hypertension (38 people, 9.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (104 people, 26.53%)
- Lasix (87 people, 22.19%)
- Lipitor (70 people, 17.86%)
- Ambien (67 people, 17.09%)
- Zoloft (62 people, 15.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Synthroid and lose weight on
Do you have Lose Weight while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Lose Weight
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Lose Weight
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 57-year old woman with Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Graves Disease. The patient has Shakes, Palpitations, Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Levothyroxine Sodium, Gabapentin, Sertraline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman with Arthritis - Psoriatic, Autoimmune Thyroiditis, Facial Pain, Ptsd. The patient has Splenomegaly
- A study of drug interactions between Glucosamine, Ativan, Synthroid, Seroquel, Abilify, Lamictal, Viibryd for a 72-year old woman with Health, Anxiety, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
- A study of drug interactions between Crestor, Tricor, Plavix, Synthroid, Premarin, Phentermine for a 59-year old woman with Blood Triglycerides Abnormal, Cholesterol Embolization Syndrome, Coronary Artery Disease, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone-producing Pituitary Tumour, Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Weight Loss.
- A study of drug interactions between Topiramate, Aggrenox, Donepezil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 88-year old woman with Headache, Stroke Risk, Dementia, Thyroid, Cholesterosis, Blood Pressure, High Blood Pressure.
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Synthroid, for a 46-year old woman who has Alopecia Areata
- Comparions of Synthroid, Metformin for a 61-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Fluoxetine, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 51-year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Raspberry Ketone, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 19-year old girl who has High Thyroid
- Comparions of Quinapril, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 82-year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.