Home > Synthroid > Lose weight > Synthroid and Lose weight
Review: could Synthroid cause Lose weight (Weight loss)?
We study 88,863 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 391 have Lose weight. Find out below who they are, when they have Lose weight and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Synthroid and have Lose weight >>>
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,720 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism.
Lose weight (latest reports from 98,557 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 88,863 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 391 people (0.44%) have Lose Weight.
Time on Synthroid when people have Lose weight * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lose weight||0.00%||27.27%||4.55%||4.55%||13.64%||22.73%||27.27% |
Gender of people who have Lose weight when taking Synthroid * :
|Lose weight||81.84%||18.16% |
Age of people who have Lose weight when taking Synthroid * :
|Lose weight||0.29%||0.00%||0.29%||2.29%||14.57%||22.00%||22.86%||37.71% |
Severity of Lose weight when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lose weight||12.50%||56.25%||25.00%||6.25% |
How people recovered from Lose weight ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Lose weight||14.29%||28.57%||57.14% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (75 people, 19.18%)
- Hypothyroidism (62 people, 15.86%)
- Osteoporosis (48 people, 12.28%)
- Bipolar disorder (39 people, 9.97%)
- Hypertension (38 people, 9.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (104 people, 26.60%)
- Lasix (87 people, 22.25%)
- Lipitor (69 people, 17.65%)
- Ambien (67 people, 17.14%)
- Zoloft (62 people, 15.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lose Weight while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Lose Weight
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Lose Weight
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Hashimotos and compictaions
Type 2 Diabetic last 5 plus years, better part of last 7 years have had ( Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness), taking most of the normal blood sugar meds, thyroid meds , had both hands carpal tunnel released , both elbows ulnar nerve released ( last surgery 8/04/2014 , still out of ...
- I use levothroxine can i develop overactive bladder with continued use?
I seeing A new doctor about 5 years ago. The drug I had been using before was from an animal source. New doctor prescribes Levothyroxine and I began taking it as prescribed and gradually the frequency and volume of urine increased until I would get up from sleep in the middle of my sleep cycle to ...
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take th ...
- I have an under active thyroid, have been on levothyroxine,,50-75mg, since april 2014, i have terrible tremors all throught my whole body all day and all night what can be used to stop these ?
I am 52 and have also been diagnosed as menopusal, but i had an underactive thyroid, that has now become auto immune, i started to take 50 mg and was very
ill, so i asked the gp if upping it to 75 would help, he agreed, but i have now developed these inside tremmors through my legs and torso and ar ...
- Does synthroid use ever result in low creatinine levels in urine? i am on 75 mcg of synthroid and have a diluted test at probation. i am not overly hydrated and do not understand this urine screen.
hello I have abnormally low creatinine levels in urine from taking 75 mcg of synthroid daily. Does anyone else have this problem?
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- Does diovan 320 improve kidney function and reduce creatinine?
I was diabetic and was under oral medication. i am OK now I only take some care with my food and my diabetes is within the limit and under control.
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
- Can people with hypothyroidism take garcinia cambogia?
I have hypothyroidism, ITP, and MCTD. With me having all of these issues and taking all these different medications, I was wondering if it would be safe for me to take a diet pill named garcinia cambogia.
More questions for: Synthroid, Lose weight
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Weight loss associated with flomax within the last 10 years.
I have been taking flomax for approx. 10 yrs.I was then & still is very active
I exercise for one HR.every morning (5 days a week)walk for 2 miles every day,
ride my bike occasionlly,I am now 82 yrs.old.My problem is "weight loss".
I'm 5'9" tall,I weighed 175 lbs.when I first started to take Flom ...
- Synthroid and breast enlargement
I have went from a B-C cup size to a D cup in the past 8-9 months.
- Weight loss taking lipitor
Did not want to take Lipitor heard a lot about it dr made me I weighed 164 was on Lipitor for 2years lost down to 132 and still losing how do I regain some weight back I look horrible
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- I switched to armour ,it's not synthetic.
I went off after 7 years on it when I discovered a link to a higher rate of lung cancer. I switched to Armour and it handled the hypothyroidism way better.
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- I wish i had never taken ambien
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
More reviews for: Synthroid, Lose weight
On eHealthMe, Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is often used for hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions Synthroid is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Synthroid used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Lunesta, Zyrtec Allergy, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Celebrex for a patient with Hypothyroidism, Sleep Disorder, Allergy, Fluid Retention, Arthritis. The patient has Weight Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Thyroid, Adderall Xr 20 for a patient with Primary Hypothyroidism, Adhd. The patient has Weight Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Synthroid, Omeprazole, Xanax for a patient with Tachycardia, Hypothyroidism, Gerd, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition. The patient has Lipids
- A study of drug interactions between Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Ankylosing Spondylitis, Under Active Thryoid, Overactive Thyroid. The patient has Weight
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Phenytoin - Serum. The patient has Lipids, Fluoxetine, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Blood Calcium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Wellbutrin Sr, Levothyroxine Sodium, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Naproxen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Carisoprodol for a patient with Low Back Pain, Smoking Cessation Therapy, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Stomach Discomfort, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition. The patient has Constipation, Dizziness, Anger, Paranoia Aggravated, Weight Loss Poor, Emotional Distress, Job Dissatisfaction, Stress And Anxiety, Stress At Work, Accident At Work
More related studies for: Synthroid, Lose weight
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Tylenol, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 83-year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Lisinopril, Metformin, Glipizide for a 44-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Estrace, Synthroid for a 51-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Forskolin, Lisinopril, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 52-year old woman who has Thyroid Stimulating Hormone-producing Pituitary Tumour
- Comparions of Synthroid, Atenolol, Lipitor, Plavix for a 82-year old woman who has TIA
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Saw Palmetto for a 60-year old man who has Enlarged Prostate
- Comparions of Armour Thyroid, Synthroid for a 54-year old woman who has Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Nexium for a 67-year old woman who has Barrett's Esophagus
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Suboxone for a 40-year old man who has Thyroid Function Test Abnormal
- Comparions of Metoprolol Tartrate, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 37-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism & High Blood Pressure
More related comparison studies for: Synthroid, Lose weight
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.