Review: could Synthroid cause Low blood pressure (Hypotension)?
Summary: Low blood pressure is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 88,994 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,578 have Low blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have Low blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Synthroid and have Low blood pressure >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,849 Synthroid users)
Low blood pressure
Low blood pressure (abnormally low blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 107,424 Low blood pressure patients)
On Feb, 26, 2015: 88,973 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 2,461 people (2.77%) have Low Blood Pressure.
Time on Synthroid when people have Low blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Low blood pressure||24.07%||22.22%||1.85%||5.56%||14.81%||14.81%||16.67% |
Gender of people who have Low blood pressure when taking Synthroid * :
|Low blood pressure||75.69%||24.31% |
Age of people who have Low blood pressure when taking Synthroid * :
|Low blood pressure||0.04%||0.04%||0.31%||1.01%||3.77%||9.38%||19.02%||66.43% |
Severity of Low blood pressure when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Low blood pressure||8.33%||50.00%||41.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Low blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Low blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (281 people, 11.42%)
- Hypertension (246 people, 10.00%)
- Osteoporosis (162 people, 6.58%)
- Depression (128 people, 5.20%)
- Pain (115 people, 4.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (599 people, 24.34%)
- Lasix (491 people, 19.95%)
- Coumadin (292 people, 11.87%)
- Lipitor (266 people, 10.81%)
- Lisinopril (265 people, 10.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of synthroid and low blood pressure on
Do you have Low Blood Pressure while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Low Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Low Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Thyroid, Premarin for a 70-year old woman with Overactive Thyroid, Post Menopause. The patient has Overactive Bladder
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Methylprednisolone, Cellcept, Propranolol Hydrochloride for a 70-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Vasculitis, Heart Arrythmia. The patient has Adrenaline Surges With High Bp, Heart Arrythmias - Increase
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 25-year old woman with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Keloid Scar (overgrown scars left from skin injuries)
- A study of side effects of Synthroid for a 51-year old woman with Thyroidectomy. The patient has Toothaches (tooth pain)
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lyrica, Flexeril, Adderall 10, Levothyroxine Sodium, Norco for a 39-year old woman who has Cervical Spinal Stenosis
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Synthroid for a 45-year old woman who has Antiinflammatory Therapy
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Omeprazole Magnesium, Synthroid for a 40-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.