Review: could Synthroid cause Lower cholesterol?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 4, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 85,665 people who take Synthroid. Among them, 1,772 have Lower cholesterol. See who they are, when they have Lower cholesterol and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,377 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism, thyroid diseases. Commonly reported side effects of Synthroid include nausea aggravated, nausea, fatigue, weakness, fatigue aggravated.
Lower cholesterol (latest reports from 446,965 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, osteopenia.
On Mar, 2, 2014: 85,665 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 1,772 people (2.07%) have Lower Cholesterol.
Time on Synthroid when people have Lower cholesterol * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lower cholesterol||10.26%||7.69%||10.26%||10.26%||8.97%||8.97%||43.59% |
Gender of people who have Lower cholesterol when taking Synthroid * :
|Lower cholesterol||85.82%||14.18% |
Age of people who have Lower cholesterol when taking Synthroid * :
|Lower cholesterol||0.17%||0.00%||0.72%||0.84%||4.90%||16.98%||28.62%||47.77% |
Severity of Lower cholesterol when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lower cholesterol||13.33%||26.67%||53.33%||6.67% |
How people recovered from Lower cholesterol ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Lower cholesterol||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (378 people, 21.33%)
- Osteoporosis (271 people, 15.29%)
- Hypertension (228 people, 12.87%)
- Depression (227 people, 12.81%)
- Thyroid disorder (203 people, 11.46%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (386 people, 21.78%)
- Lipitor (380 people, 21.44%)
- Fosamax (355 people, 20.03%)
- Aspirin (296 people, 16.70%)
- Seroquel (243 people, 13.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Synthroid, Lower cholesterol
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is often used for hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions Synthroid is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Synthroid used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Synthroid side effects from A to Z:
Browse Synthroid drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
I am experiencing intentional movements when going to sleep. The movements follow what I am dreaming about.
From this study (12 months ago):
triglycerides were normal before starting treatment for hypothyroidism, 3 years later have risen 100 points
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Synthroid, Lower cholesterol
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lump in throat, swallowing problems, reflux
After 3 months, my total cholesterol went way down, but developed terrible throat problems. Like an ever-present lump that made it difficult to swallow. At night, discomfort with acid going up and down my throat all night, making it hard to sleep and breathe. Stopped taking Simvastatin on my own ...
- Low sperm count levothyroxine
i happend to not be able to contact doctor for a refill two weeks went by my sperm count before was so low with it i barely shot out of me two weeks later my count has quadrupled with out it id rather blow my brain out than be on that shit again
- Having trouble swallowing food
it started like having heartburn the food would not go down. Progressively got worse so went a digestive doctor she ran all kinds of test (scope, went up my nose and down my throat had problems with that one,cat scan and berium test. Well they found a mass on my thyroid and had to remove have of it ...
More reviews for: Synthroid, Lower cholesterol
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Zinc Sulfate, Selenium, Vitamin C, B Complex Vitamin, Omega-9 Fatty Acids, Omega-6 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids, Omega-3, Calcium-D-Glucarate, Vitamin D, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Glipizide, Lamotrigine, Novolog, Levemir, Ondansetron, Simvastatin, Lisinopril, Aggrenox, Synthroid, Januvia, Cymbalta, Lansoprazole, Ropinirole Hydrochloride for a patient with Hair Loss In Women, Heel Pain, Fatigue, Wine And Heart Health, Bone Density Increased, Vitamin D Deficiency, Rhabdomyolysis, Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Analgesic Supportive Therapy, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar 1, Nausea, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, High Blood Pressure, Blood Thinner, Thyroid Disorder, Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy, Gerd, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Bipolar I Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (High Blood Cholesterol), Depression, Reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Hypothyroidism, Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar (Hyperglycemia), Myoclonic Jerks
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Cinnamon, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Blood Sugar Levels, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Blood Triglycerides Increased (High Blood Cholesterol), Osteopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Pristiq, Synthroid for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Blood Cholesterol Increased (High Blood Cholesterol), Glucose Tolerance Impaired
More related studies for: Synthroid, Lower cholesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.