Review: could Synthroid cause Myoclonus?
Summary: Myoclonus is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Cymbalta, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 89,006 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 44 have Myoclonus. Find out below who they are, when they have Myoclonus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Synthroid and have Myoclonus >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,853 Synthroid users)
Myoclonus (a brief, involuntary twitching of a muscle or a group of muscles) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, epilepsy. (latest reports from 4,792 Myoclonus patients)
On Apr, 18, 2015: 89,006 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 44 people (0.05%) have Myoclonus.
Time on Synthroid when people have Myoclonus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Myoclonus when taking Synthroid * :
Age of people who have Myoclonus when taking Synthroid * :
Severity of Myoclonus when taking Synthroid ** :
How people recovered from Myoclonus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (9 people, 20.45%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 15.91%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (5 people, 11.36%)
- Arthritis (3 people, 6.82%)
- Neuralgia (2 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cymbalta (14 people, 31.82%)
- Nexium (11 people, 25.00%)
- Percocet (10 people, 22.73%)
- Provigil (10 people, 22.73%)
- Lexapro (10 people, 22.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of synthroid and myoclonus on
Do you have Myoclonus while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Myoclonus
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Myoclonus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Levaquin for a 42-year old woman with Hashimoto's Disease, Pneumonia Bacterial. The patient has Trigger Finger
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Omeprazole, Magnesium, Turmeric, Krill Oil, Miralax, Fluticasone Propionate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Losartan, Meloxicam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Atenolol And Chlorthalidone for a 54-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Acid Reflux, Magnesium - Low, Osteoarthritis, High Blood Cholesterol, Constipation, Hay Fever, Hypothyroidism, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Constipation, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 82-year old man with GERD, Thiroid.
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 31-year old woman with Allergy To Mold - Dander - Dust, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Menstruation Irregular
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Aloe, Toprol-xl, Synthroid for a 80-year old woman with General Health, Heartburn, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Feeling Cold, Frequent Bowel Movements, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Tingling Of Head And Body
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Synthroid, for a 46-year old woman who has Alopecia Areata
- Comparions of Synthroid, Metformin for a 61-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Fluoxetine, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 51-year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Raspberry Ketone, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 19-year old girl who has High Thyroid
- Comparions of Quinapril, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 82-year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.