Review: could Synthroid cause Nausea?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 15, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.3/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 85,665 people who take Synthroid. Among them, 7,201 have Nausea. See who they are, when they have Nausea and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,377 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism, thyroid function tests. Commonly reported side effects of Synthroid include nausea aggravated, nausea, fatigue, weakness, fatigue aggravated.
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) (latest reports from 1,865,039 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, quit smoking, high blood pressure, depression, pain.
On Feb, 15, 2014: 85,583 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 7,201 people (8.41%) have Nausea.
Time on Synthroid when people have Nausea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Nausea when taking Synthroid * :
Age of people who have Nausea when taking Synthroid * :
Severity of Nausea when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Nausea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (924 people, 12.83%)
- Osteoporosis (575 people, 7.99%)
- Depression (479 people, 6.65%)
- Hypertension (471 people, 6.54%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (417 people, 5.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (1,033 people, 14.35%)
- Lipitor (750 people, 10.42%)
- Lasix (727 people, 10.10%)
- Nexium (603 people, 8.37%)
- Prilosec (583 people, 8.10%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Synthroid, Nausea
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is often used for hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions Synthroid is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Synthroid used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Synthroid side effects from A to Z:
Browse Synthroid drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
I have been diagnosed with a gallstone, I should be taking calcium and Alendronate for osteoporosis but don't know if they are aggravating the gallstones.
From this study (2 months ago):
pain n the chest came first time and lasted a few minutes and second pain in chest 2 or 3 hours later and lasted few minutes.
pain in the arm starting from the hand and going up, during the second chest pain.
was very nauseous few days prior to pain and felt dizziness, this happened at night when I went to sleep.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can i take evista while i am on xarelto? i was treated for blood clots a month ago.
Had blood clots in left leg & both lungs in late Jan 2014. Currently on 20mg Xarelto. I had been taking Evista for over 5 years, but did have a period of inactivity in Dec -Jan. Can I resume taking Evista? Breast cancer runs in my family. My Dr said he sees no problem resuming Evista, but I am ...
- Is it safe to take pravastin while on remicade?
I have just started on Remicade and this drug scares the heck out of me! However it is being used as a last resort as no other medications were bring my ulcerative colitis under control I am very concerned about drug interactions and can't seem to get any straight answers from my doctor or the pha ...
- Has anyone had negative experiences with simvastin or with omerprazole?
I have been diagnosed as having diabetes but at this point I am not taking any meds for it, my numbers are excellent. I was not on a cholestral or blood pressure med until I was diagnosed with diabetes.
More questions for: Synthroid, Nausea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Low sperm count levothyroxine
i happend to not be able to contact doctor for a refill two weeks went by my sperm count before was so low with it i barely shot out of me two weeks later my count has quadrupled with out it id rather blow my brain out than be on that shit again
- Having trouble swallowing food
it started like having heartburn the food would not go down. Progressively got worse so went a digestive doctor she ran all kinds of test (scope, went up my nose and down my throat had problems with that one,cat scan and berium test. Well they found a mass on my thyroid and had to remove have of it ...
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
More reviews for: Synthroid, Nausea
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium Gluceptate, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Alendronate Sodium, Liothyronine Sodium, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Post-traumatic Osteoporosis, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Osteoporosis, Overactive Thyroid. The patient has Inflammatory Pain, Nausea, Indigestion
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Tramadol, Alprazolam, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prempro, Carafate, Celexa, Treximet, Promethegan, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a patient with Heartburn - Chronic, Pain, Anxiety And Stress, Blood Pressure Increased, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone-producing Pituitary Tumour, Hormone Level Abnormal, Migraine, Nausea, Muscle Strain. The patient has Nausea, Pain Exacerbated, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Migraine, Hormone Level Abnormal, Low Thyroid (Hypothyroidism), Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure), Heartburn - Chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Glucophage Xr, Humalog Kwikpen, Lantus Solostar, Valproate Sodium, Quetiapine Fumarate, Lithium Carbonate for a patient with Hypothyroidism, Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Pain In Jaw, Nausea, Chest Pain
More related studies for: Synthroid, Nausea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.