Review: could Synthroid cause Neuropathy peripheral?
Summary: Neuropathy peripheral is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 89,006 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 880 have Neuropathy peripheral. Find out below who they are, when they have Neuropathy peripheral and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Synthroid and have Neuropathy peripheral >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,858 Synthroid users)
Neuropathy peripheral (surface nerve damage) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, osteoporosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 27,677 Neuropathy peripheral patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 88,994 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 880 people (0.99%) have Neuropathy Peripheral.
Time on Synthroid when people have Neuropathy peripheral * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Neuropathy peripheral||0.00%||0.00%||27.27%||9.09%||45.45%||9.09%||9.09% |
Gender of people who have Neuropathy peripheral when taking Synthroid * :
|Neuropathy peripheral||85.00%||15.00% |
Age of people who have Neuropathy peripheral when taking Synthroid * :
|Neuropathy peripheral||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.40%||3.51%||13.09%||31.17%||51.82% |
Severity of Neuropathy peripheral when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Neuropathy peripheral||40.00%||60.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Neuropathy peripheral ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Neuropathy peripheral||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (124 people, 14.09%)
- Multiple myeloma (97 people, 11.02%)
- Depression (85 people, 9.66%)
- Osteoporosis (80 people, 9.09%)
- Pain (53 people, 6.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (216 people, 24.55%)
- Zometa (213 people, 24.20%)
- Lasix (204 people, 23.18%)
- Fosamax (173 people, 19.66%)
- Lipitor (163 people, 18.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Neuropathy Peripheral while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Neuropathy Peripheral
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Neuropathy Peripheral
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 33-year old woman with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Wrinkles
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Valium, Tylenol, Dextrose 60%, Cymbalta for a 50-year old woman with Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Pain, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Pain, Suicidal Thoughts, Blood Pressure Increased
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 68-year old woman with Adult Hypothyroidism. The patient has Several Hair Loss, Fatigue. Memory Lack Of Concentration, No Appetite.
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.