Review: could Synthroid cause Noises or buzzing in the ears (Tinnitus)?
Summary: Noises or buzzing in the ears is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Fosamax, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 88,994 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 627 have Noises or buzzing in the ears. Find out below who they are, when they have Noises or buzzing in the ears and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Synthroid and have Noises or buzzing in the ears >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,849 Synthroid users)
Noises or buzzing in the ears
Noises or buzzing in the ears (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,020 Noises or buzzing in the ears patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 88,994 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 627 people (0.70%) have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears.
Time on Synthroid when people have Noises or buzzing in the ears * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||7.27%||18.18%||0.00%||14.55%||18.18%||21.82%||20.00% |
Gender of people who have Noises or buzzing in the ears when taking Synthroid * :
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||85.82%||14.18% |
Age of people who have Noises or buzzing in the ears when taking Synthroid * :
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||0.70%||1.75%||6.47%||14.34%||24.65%||52.10% |
Severity of Noises or buzzing in the ears when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||3.03%||48.48%||36.36%||12.12% |
How people recovered from Noises or buzzing in the ears ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (129 people, 20.57%)
- Depression (64 people, 10.21%)
- Osteoporosis (62 people, 9.89%)
- Hypertension (60 people, 9.57%)
- Thyroid disorder (50 people, 7.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (100 people, 15.95%)
- Aspirin (91 people, 14.51%)
- Lipitor (81 people, 12.92%)
- Premarin (79 people, 12.60%)
- Vioxx (78 people, 12.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of synthroid and noises or buzzing in the ears on
Do you have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, CoQ10, Spiriva, Pravastatin Sodium, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Valsartan; Hydrochlorothiazide for a 75-year old woman with Deficient In Vit. D In Blood Tests, Health, Asthma, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Muscle Weakness
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 68-year old man with Overactive Thyroid. The patient has Atorvastatin 40
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Namenda, Ginkgo Biloba, Niacin And Niacinamide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Patanol for a 76-year old woman with Nail Disorder, Alzheimer's Disease, Dementia, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, Allergy. The patient has Fatigue, Rash Generalised
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 45-year old woman with Hypothyroidism.
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Cilostazol, Bystolic, Cialis for a 67-year old man with Help With Sleep, Growth Hormone Deficiency, Pvd, Hbp, Bph. The patient has Nosebleed
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Prednisone for a 72-year old man who has Dry Eyes
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrocodone Compound, Haloperidol, Ativan for a 94-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Claritin, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 47-year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 36-year old man who has Low Thyroid
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.