Review: could Synthroid cause Noises or buzzing in the ears (Tinnitus)?
Summary: Noises or buzzing in the ears is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Fosamax, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 88,973 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 627 have Noises or buzzing in the ears. Find out below who they are, when they have Noises or buzzing in the ears and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Synthroid and have Noises or buzzing in the ears >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,834 Synthroid users)
Noises or buzzing in the ears
Noises or buzzing in the ears (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 19,993 Noises or buzzing in the ears patients)
On Feb, 24, 2015: 88,973 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 627 people (0.70%) have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears.
Time on Synthroid when people have Noises or buzzing in the ears * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||7.27%||18.18%||0.00%||14.55%||18.18%||21.82%||20.00% |
Gender of people who have Noises or buzzing in the ears when taking Synthroid * :
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||85.82%||14.18% |
Age of people who have Noises or buzzing in the ears when taking Synthroid * :
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||0.70%||1.75%||6.47%||14.34%||24.65%||52.10% |
Severity of Noises or buzzing in the ears when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||3.03%||48.48%||36.36%||12.12% |
How people recovered from Noises or buzzing in the ears ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (129 people, 20.57%)
- Depression (64 people, 10.21%)
- Osteoporosis (62 people, 9.89%)
- Hypertension (60 people, 9.57%)
- Thyroid disorder (50 people, 7.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (100 people, 15.95%)
- Aspirin (91 people, 14.51%)
- Lipitor (81 people, 12.92%)
- Premarin (79 people, 12.60%)
- Vioxx (78 people, 12.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of synthroid and noises or buzzing in the ears on
Do you have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Dulera, Ventolin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Effexor Xr, Vyvanse for a 38-year old woman with Asthma, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety, Add. The patient has Urniating Frequently, Itchy Skin, Sore Throat, Back Pain - Low, Swollen Lymph Nodes
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Arimidex for a 53-year old woman with Joint Aches, Breast Cancer. The patient has Ringing In The Ears, Vertigo
- A study of side effects of Synthroid for a 29-year old woman with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Ulcer - Mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Lisinopril for a 38-year old woman with Low Thyroid, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain In Neck On Right Side
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Vitamin D, B-12, Synthroid, Cymbalta for a 48-year old woman with Heart Disease, Vitamin D Deficiency, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety. The patient has Forgetfulness, Stammering, Disorientation
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Omeprazole Magnesium, Synthroid for a 40-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
- Comparions of MSM, Neurontin, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 50-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.