Home > Synthroid > Paranoia > Synthroid and Paranoia
Review: could Synthroid cause Paranoia?
We study 88,863 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 195 have Paranoia. Find out below who they are, when they have Paranoia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Synthroid and have Paranoia >>>
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,720 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism.
Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur) (latest reports from 61,007 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 88,863 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 195 people (0.22%) have Paranoia.
Time on Synthroid when people have Paranoia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Paranoia when taking Synthroid * :
Age of people who have Paranoia when taking Synthroid * :
Severity of Paranoia when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Paranoia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (37 people, 18.97%)
- Breakthrough pain (24 people, 12.31%)
- Hypothyroidism (20 people, 10.26%)
- Pain (19 people, 9.74%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (17 people, 8.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (47 people, 24.10%)
- Seroquel (35 people, 17.95%)
- Zoloft (31 people, 15.90%)
- Aspirin (30 people, 15.38%)
- Effexor (28 people, 14.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Paranoia while taking Synthroid?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Paranoia
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Paranoia
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
When mixed with alcohol the paranoia became nearly uncontrollable. Be advised, NEVER mix alcohol with medication.
From this study (3 years ago):
can this cause paranoia in such a short time
From this study (5 years ago):
these are all the drugs that I have been prescribed in the past 9 months. I am wondering if there can be any heart problems or respiratory problems that can come of the prolonged use.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Hashimotos and compictaions
Type 2 Diabetic last 5 plus years, better part of last 7 years have had ( Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness), taking most of the normal blood sugar meds, thyroid meds , had both hands carpal tunnel released , both elbows ulnar nerve released ( last surgery 8/04/2014 , still out of ...
- I use levothroxine can i develop overactive bladder with continued use?
I seeing A new doctor about 5 years ago. The drug I had been using before was from an animal source. New doctor prescribes Levothyroxine and I began taking it as prescribed and gradually the frequency and volume of urine increased until I would get up from sleep in the middle of my sleep cycle to ...
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take th ...
More questions for: Synthroid, Paranoia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Synthroid and breast enlargement
I have went from a B-C cup size to a D cup in the past 8-9 months.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- I switched to armour ,it's not synthetic.
I went off after 7 years on it when I discovered a link to a higher rate of lung cancer. I switched to Armour and it handled the hypothyroidism way better.
More reviews for: Synthroid, Paranoia
On eHealthMe, Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is often used for hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions Synthroid is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Synthroid used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (36 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (44 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Zanaflex and Fluid Retention
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- Breast Enlargement
- Difficulty Breathing
- Sy/premenstrual Syndrome
- Phenazopyridine Hcl Tab
- Bromfed Dm